Will Windows 7 32-bit work on a 64-bit computer?

Reaction score
I know absolutely nothing about computers :confused: so this may be a stupid question, but anyway. . . .I have a 64-bit computer system, but was shipped a 32-bit Windows 7. Can I use this with my computer?

Reaction score
Hi gailj - Welcome to w7forums

Can you tell us more about your system and re-word the question?
I am un sure what you are asking.

Reaction score
I recently bought a new computer (Dell Inspiron 64-bit), With the new computer I was to get Windows 7 sent to me for free. I just got it today, but they sent Windows 7 (32-bit version). Can I use this 32-bit Windows 7 with my 64-bit computer. (Hope this makes sense - - I don't know "computer talk") :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, you can use 32-bit software on all consumer level 64-bit processors. It will work just fine :)

How much RAM does that system have? If you've got 4GB+ then you'll need the 64 bit version of Windows to utilise it all.

Reaction score
It has 4 GB. Can I still use the 32-bit Windows 7 software? (by the way, this site is wonderful - - didn't know where to go for help - - - this is GREAT)!!

Ask a Question