where is this hidden folder?

Reaction score
I might be able to help.

I believe it's referring to the hidden AppData folder underneath the folder that's named after your user name.

Are you currently able to view hidden files and folders?

If not, open up Windows Explorer and display the pull-down menu structure at the top (you might need to press Alt first). Click Tools, then choose Folder options from the menu. In the resulting dialog box, click the View tab. Further down you should see a radio button labeled Show hidden files, folders, and drives. Make sure that's selected.

After that, go into your user folder (C:\Users\UserName\). You should see the AppData folder; inside that folder you will see more folders, like Local, LocalRow, etc. Keep digging down further into the hierarchy until you find what you want.

Hope this helps! :)

Reaction score
Hey.

Good advice by msdos622wasfun.

Although, if you're looking for system produced crash dumps from bsod(s) that happened, they will be inside C:\Windows\Minidump

If that folder you've shown actually exists on the pc (most likely not), you can copy and paste it into the start menu and hit enter to get to it.

If you remove \crashdumps from the whole line and just enter %localappdata%, that will bring you to the folder.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well, you know my motto -- if you can't solve a problem the long and convoluted way, don't even bother solving it at all! ;):D

Thanks for the additional insight, TorrentG. I never tried typing in one of those special environment variables in Windows' search box before ... I tried it just now and waddya know, it works. When I offered my assistance to bardos earlier, it just seemed like a quick rundown on displaying hidden files and folders would be beneficial.

When I type %localappdata% using search, the results do come up with the contents of my AppData folder, so hopefully we are guiding the OP in the right direction. But maybe the minidump is what bardos needs (and I just learned something new, too). :)

Ask a Question