Whats Your Phone ?

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Most people have a Mobile Phone these days, I have one that is for personal use and used in our small Computer repair business, in fact i use it more then the land line. My phone is on contract and I'm happy with the deal as i get to upgrade when the latest phone is released, i use a BlackBerry Storm 2 and i like it a lot and where i go it goes, so what phone do you use ?

BlackBerry Storm 2 > http://uk.blackberry.com/devices/blackberrystorm/

Reaction score
Im on a sim only contact here, which gives me 300 mins of calls an unlimited txt which usually sees me though the month. Current phone is a Nokia 6500 Classic, nice phone and does its job just fine for me :)

Reaction score
HTC Touch Pro (not Pro 2), I used a PDA for a while and had a separate Nokia so decided to combine them. I'm happy with it but when I’m talking on it the touch screen flicks through programs and settings which is annoying. You would think it would lock the screen when a call is made or answered but instead it locks half the screen which incidentally is not the half with the windows start button...

Attachments

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
I don't even use a smart phone, just an older RAZR... I'm not happy with it anymore due to the very bad reception on AT&T's network, but I still like the phone. I'll probably stick with it until 4G LTE phones start showing up... 4G LTE will rollout en mass by 2011, select areas in 2010...

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
HTC Touch Pro (not Pro 2), I used a PDA for a while and had a separate Nokia so decided to combine them. I'm happy with it but when I’m talking on it the touch screen flicks through programs and settings which is annoying. You would think it would lock the screen when a call is made or answered but instead it locks half the screen which incidentally is not the half with the windows start button...

Looks nice ___Reap3R___ whats the Pro2 like ?

Reaction score
Blackberry Storm but considering switching to an iphone.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi roban

Why dont you like your Blackberry Storm ?, im using a Blackberry Storm 2 and think its great ! :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've got the same as Geoffers, an iPhone 3G 16GB. It's the most useful tool I own :)

One of the most useful tools it has is the RDP application, allowing you to control a PC remotely. So handy for looking after servers!

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I have an old Motorola V265, bought in 2006 as a closeout sale, has an old fashioned pull up antenna. But it does a damn good job! It has 1,213 hrs and 42 minutes on it, so I've gotten my mileage out of it. I also have a V325 as a backup, but it's disconnected. I don't care about the "smartphones" with all the bells and whistles. If I want to use a computer, I have three of them. If I want to talk, I'll use the phone. But it does have some internet capabilities. I use it to pay my bill.

Reaction score
Hi Veedaz, the Touch Pro 2 is a more refined version of the Touch Pro from what I read only it is bigger, the bigger size would bother me though but they are too expensive atm and I don't want to be locked into a contract just to get one.

Attachments

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi ___Reap3R___

Thats some bit of kit !, i just googled the price (around £350+ :eek:) think i will keep what ive got, thanks for the info M8 :top:

Reaction score
I don't believe in thew future, and I am helplessly stuck in the past. Zack Morris ain't got nothing on my phone.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
mattweed9, I agree with you, that is a decent phone that you have. I have two older ones, but not that old. The ones of today are for the most part, throwaway ones. When these cell providers offer to "give" you a free phone, they're "giving you nothing. They are selling you a service contract, and a portion of it goes toward the phone every month. I've never had a free phone, as they usually are last year's models and the batteries are sometimes so old that they won't hold a proper charge. And before the cell service was switched to 100% digital, a lot of analog phones would pickup a signal where the digital ones broke up badly. Sure, it wasn't a 5 or 6 bar signal, but you could talk. Mine has both modes, but analog is gone now, so when traveling, it drops more than it used to. How did you get that phone to pickup digital signals, or was it dual mode already?

Reaction score
I was joking, I have a older Virgin Mobile Slash. I was going to get a newer phone, but then I decided to cancel my service to help cut monthly spending. My home phone seems to work pretty good, I can go a whole block down the road before I lose someone. Free long distance, caller Id, voice mail, all that good stuff.

FYI, Zack Morris was a kid on a show when I was growing up. I am only 28. Thought more people would get it, lol.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
My home phone works well too, since it has DECT 6.0 technology. It reaches from long distances. But the only reason that I even have a home phone is my wife, who cares nothing about cell phones. If I was single, I'd never pay two phone bills. Verizon does a fine job for me almost anywhere, especially since the merger with Alltel. And it's only $43 a month, after taxes and surcharges. I used to have Cingular, now AT&T, and had reception problems in key areas, most notably at work, before I became disabled. Since I switched in 2006, no problems. No wonder a lot of those with iphones with AT&T are complaining. Their infrastructure still just can't handle all the data. I'll never understand why Apple chose them over Verizon & Alltel. And to make it worse, you can't even unleash all of the phone's features, especially tethering. They offer broadband modems, so why can't they tether? The simple answer to that is they want you to make two purchases resulting in two charges. Greediness is what it's all about. Nothing more. I hope that when their contract with Apple expires, Apple flushes them down the toilet and let a more competent company take over the iphone business in the USA.

Reaction score
LG LX370 phone here waiting on a htc something or other. but it is a fully capible web phone and I can do what I want with the firm ware as I please unlike other companies I am with sprint for I can hardware hack the phones and not breach my contract.

plus I can watch youtube videos on it

Ask a Question