Weird freezes

Reaction score
Hi there, some weeks ago i posted a thread concering BSOD, you guys fixed it for me pretty quick, i had to update some drivers and get rid of NOD and Daemon tools.
Now i get these total random freezes, sometimes just before windows is loading , somtimes during the first windows screen and sometimes just random whille watching stuff on youtube. It has restarted itselfs once as wel.

in Logbooks i see this: Fault 17/10/2010 15:06:53 Kernel-EventTracing 3 Sessie
De sessie Microsoft Security Essentials OOBE is beëindigd door de volgende fout: 0xC000000D
Translated it means Microsoft Sec Ess OOBE has ended because of the following fault:0xC000000D

i Also see this a lot in my logs
Fault17/10/2010 15:17:08 Service Control Manager 7001 None

Im now writing this stuff in safe mode where i dont get any freezing. I just have mouse lag which is weird :)
I also have a new graphics card upgraded from nvidia 295 to 480.

THanks in advance, im here to answer all your questions; skype msn telephone anything.

Attachments

Reaction score
Hey there,,,,

It is possible the video card is defective or psu too weak for it, but I don't think so.

Boot to safe mode + networking. Download Driver Sweeper from guru3d.com. Use it to clear the machine of all NVIDIA video stuff (leave NVIDIA chipset alone if you have that).

Reboot to normal mode, install the latest driver from the following link and do not change any settings in the control panel for it:

NVIDIA

---------

You gotta update this Kone mouse driver to the newest, as this old version is not well:

Kone Kone.sys Thu Dec 11 01:56:52 2008

http://www.roccat.org/Support/?PHPSESSID=2c670c113daf4834636ac84572e9eac4

Also update this Logitech gamepad driver to newest:

LGBusEnum LGBusEnum.sys Tue Jul 14 18:34:45

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/support-downloads

Reaction score
Ok will do this instantly, though i got to say i have had the graphics card about 3 weeks now... The pc started to do weird freezes but not so often.. now its up to the point that i cant get past the wecome screen in normal mode, the mouse circle freezes.

You have any clue what the computer brower error might be? tried starting it manually but gives error that some other service depending on it cant start.

Reaction score
Complete the steps then let me know how it's going. :)

OOBE stands for Out-of-box-experience. It is that little program that runs when the machine or Windows itself is brand new, that shows newbs different things about the new OS.

If that is trying to run when you are booting to Windows, your account is corrupt. You should make an entirely new account and use that instead. Delete the old one.

But ya, start first with the things I've shown above, precisely.

Reaction score
Ok got rid of all the nvidia stuff and was able to run normal mode, downloaden drivers installed,rebooted and it installed 13 updates as well :s, then the screen froze again on the welcome screen.

Reaction score
Did the same thing now except installing the latest drivers for the nvnidia and also same thing after windows installs drivers and asks to reboot it freezes again on the welcome screen, im really gonna be sad if the card is broke as i sold my old 295 to someone else :8 and those cards arent cheap :)

Reaction score
Any more suggestions on ohw to fix this? been on other forums and lot of people appearently have the exact same prob :s

Reaction score
New crash dumps....let's see what's going on.

Could be a faulty card or underpowered, as suggested in the first post, based on how this started happening with card change.

Reaction score
new minidump plus this is what i think one of the most related posts i could found, no fixes though

wat really strikes me as odd is the fact that for 2 weeks it was fine, playing Starcraft 2 on max settings etc, everything just fine, and than gradually got worse.
I tried reinstalling windows with format but the system hang there is well preventing me from going further

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=171920&st=40

Attachments

Reaction score
It would be an excellent start updating those two drivers above and also following what I said for the video driver.

Reaction score
I tried a recovery... so those drivers are back to the way they were.. i did update them twice,but as soon as the nvidia drivers are installed it went back to frezing at the welcome screen. Im gonna once more do a full deinstall of al nvidia drivers except chipset and again update the mouse and keyboard and als also pos the new dump file i might get when i return to the freezin welcome screen

Reaction score
Update the two drivers, then save a restore point.

Then go on from there and only revert to the restore point you just made, if necessary. It shouldn't ever be though.

You can always use Driver Sweeper in safe mode.

Reaction score
drivers are updated again, but system freezes again on welcome screen, im not allowed to acces the latest dumpfile now no acces :s the others i i can still zip but its the same as last one im rdy to throw it out of the window ! any nvidia drivers installed seems to be causing the freeze

Attachments

Reaction score
Update the bios to latest. Make sure psu is sufficient and those drivers are latest too.

If it still does it with that card, the card is defective, unfortunately.

Out of curiosity, did someone sell this card to you really cheap or on E-Bay, or anything like that?

Reaction score
Hey again, been spending the whole day trying fix my problem and get a solution, i went to my boss and asked his aircompressor and cleaned out my pc entirely, did unscrew the power suplly as well and have everything looking shiny almost new. Then i got my brothers geforce 8800 and tried it, everything worked no lockups, then i went buying a temporary ATI EAH5770CUcore and it works perfect as well, ofcourse its nog 480 but im hoping for the chance to get the card replaced, i already had a talk that want well with the seller in Hong Kong and he will take care of it. Whenever i get that back im hoping the new 480 wont be giving me this conflict anymore. Thanks

Reaction score
You're welcome. I kinda knew it was a faulty card but I don't enjoy giving that diagnosis so much and try to exhaust all options first.

Good luck with the new hardware and enjoy.

Reaction score
Man ive been having some issues with this card to :) I didnt get the monitor to work with DVI cable, whatever i tried, did the whole spend 5 hours on reading forums and was desperate, it only worked when i used hdmi cable... which gave crappy image on this syncmaster... i got it to work though,i decided to bring the card back to the shop but then i found this dvi to hdmi adaptor :)so i could plug the DVI cable in the the cards hdmi slot :) CAnt they make decent hardware anymore? now my tv out is hdmi cable with an hdmi to dvi adaptor :)

Ask a Question