Website

Reaction score
Hi all
I have just stared my own business as a plasterer, I have created a website with Google sites but have not had any luck.
www.baplastering.co.uk
If I do a Google search on me, it should find me shouldn't it but it don't.
Am I doing something wrong.
Would it be best to create another website with someone else, I want a free one as I am testing at the moment.
Can anyone help please

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Bry!

Hum... I'd just like to point out this is a Windows 7 forum, but I can still give you some advice ;)

First of all, it is normal your site isn't registered by google at first. Google, and all other search engines, use something called a crawlbot.
Eg: Google's crawlbot : Googlebot. What happens when you add your site to be crawled, you tell googlebot to go to your website and "register" the pages. Seeing as loads of requests are sent all the time, having your site crawled can take some time.

A few good ways to get your site registered faster is to register to the Google Webmaster tools and submit a robots.txt file, and a sitemap (sitemap.xml, sitemap.txt). From the webmaster tools, you should be able to track progress of googlebot on your website.

http://www.google.com/webmasters

Reaction score
It will take anywhere from 3 to 6 months to get your site listed in SERPS and there are a few things that you can do to help yourself.

Your site's title can be more descriptive. It's arguably the most important tag so make it count. Something like BAPlastering Services - Skimming, Dry Lining, Decorative & Repairs. You know what your potential customers will be searching for so use those keywords in your title tag.

You have very little content in the body of your site and this is what Google wants, content rich with your key words. So add a nice paragraph on your front page and use Google's Search Based Keyword Tool http://www.google.com/sktool/# to help you discover what keywords are the best for you.

On your Services page, describe your services and again use key word rich content.

Reaction score
Thanks you all for the help much appresiated
will try those

Reaction score
What's with the Free Games in your navigation? Lose that.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
I haven't messed with SEO stuff in ages. Does Google's robot ignore meta data automatically? I recall reading something about that. Used to be that meta keywords & description could be used to influence spiders but I guess not anymore.

Reaction score
Google places importance on content and all but ignores meta tags except for the title tag. Yahoo does count key word and description tags.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up.

Ask a Question