want to use phone to turn on computer

Reaction score
Heya every1 was wonder if it was possible to use my new Android phone to access my comp. i want to start playing with remote features. Any tips would be appreciated.

Reaction score
I have yet to hear anything about how to do that. It would be pretty cool if it is possible. Try a simple google search for that idea and see what you come up with. I would like to know what you find out.

Shintaro

Reaction score
I would imagine that you will need to VPN (Virtual Private Network - A secure channel to your PC) to your PC across the internet or if you are at home use your own wireless network. Then use something like https://secure.logmeinrescue.com/welcome/rescueclickb/

or

http://www.xtralogic.com/rdpclient.shtml

EDIT: But to "Turn On" your computer, the computer would need to be in "Sleep or Hibernate", then use something like "Wake on LAN" to activate it.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
I don't know if this helps you at all, but when I used Linux I had it set up so that once my phone was out of Bluetooth range of about ten feet, it would lock the screen and turn it into sleep mode (the monitor, not the comp), and once it detected my phone in the room again, it turned the screen back on and unlocked the system. It wasn't an Android phone, just a regular old-fashioned dumb phone with Bluetooth, and the OS was Linux Mint. I don't remember the name of the app that enabled this feature, but it was free and I got it from the Mint App Library.

If you're looking to actually access the computer, then probably a VPN would be the way to go, or something like TeamViewer.

Ask a Question