SOLVED Wallpaper issue

Reaction score
When even I apply a wallpaper myself, it has a white line from top to bottom. It's a very thin line, but it's still a line. If I use a theme from the internet or one pre-installed, everything looks just fine, but for whatever reason it does this for any wallpaper I apply myself.

Any ideas?

Ad

Advertisements

Veedaz

~
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi mattweed9

Have you set your display settings correctly ? Control Panel > Display

If you use a graphics card are you using the latest drivers ?

Reaction score
LOL, yeah, but I will check it again just to make sure. I just thought it was odd it only does when I apply a background myself. If I use a theme, it doesn't show it. I was worried the first time, thought my LCD was going out.

Veedaz

~
VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL, if it was your LCD was going out it would show all the time old son ;), check the res of the Wallpaper your installing against the res of a Theme Wallpaper that does not show this line.

Reaction score
Okay I will do that. I have a wide screen laptop, it's set to 1366x768 by defualt. That's the same size of the wallpapers I am using, but I will check out the res and see what the difference is.

Thanks.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Thanks Veedaz, I check the res the themes were using, and it's 1280x 800. A copule of them at least. So I found a image with that res, set it to my back ground, selected the stretch to fit option, and Viola! The one stripe is no more.

Thanks again,
Matt Weed.

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question