W7 & XP LAN networking issue

Reaction score
Hello.
I have a newish (Purchased 8/09) laptop on which I am running Windows 7. I have an 8 yr old PC on which I am running Windows XP. Somehow, I managed to not set up my LAN properly: To explain the issues I am having would require a lot of space, so I wish to "delete" my current network, and set up a new network. One of the problems I am having is that I am trying to use the PC (with XP) as the network administrator and Windows 7 (on the laptop) wants to be the network administrator. The end result is that neither computer administrates properly! Is it possible to delete and recreate my LAN, or is what I heard true, that the only way to do that is to uninstall and reinstall Windows 7 and start over from scratch at that point? I want the PC (running XP) to be the 'Alpha' machine and the laptop (running W-7) to be networked to the PC. Does anyone have some good advice for me ... ?

Ask a Question