W7 Ultimate backup will not complete

Reaction score
Hello,
I have tried twice to do a backup and I get the message "Check your backup results, the backup completed but some files were skipped". When I click "Options - view skipped files" I get this message: Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Saved Data. Error:(The system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070002))

I tried to find the file by using "search" but nothing found.
Any advice? I worry my backup may not be any good if I need it.
Thanks, Patti:dontknow:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
First of all... DON'T USE WINDOWS BACKUP!! It's a terrible backup utility... period!

Use Macrium Reflect Free.

The fastest disk imaging software is now available as a free edition.
Absolutely free!

No strings! The only free XP, Vista and Windows 7 compatible disk imaging software with BartPE and Linux based recovery options.

• Create a disk image whilst running Windows using Microsoft Volume Shadow copy Service (VSS).
  • Image to Network, USB, FireWire drives and DVD.
  • Built in scheduler.
  • 32 bit and native 64 bit versions.
  • Industry leading compression levels and speed.
  • Linux based Rescue CD with Network access and full GUI. Only 6.5MB in size!
  • Built in CD/DVD packet writing engine. Supports packet writing to DVD DL media with Windows Vista.
  • HTML log files
Version:v4.2.2952

Date:
28 September 2010

File Size:
31.4MB

File Name:
reflect_setup_free_x86_x64.exe

MD5 Hash:
C3C686F88FF486BE5972D6DAE03E2AB4

Windows Versions:
XP, Vista, Windows 7. 32 and native 64 Bit.

Note: This installation file contains the 32 and 64 bit versions of Macrium Reflect. The correct version will be automatically installed.

Click to download: Macrium Reflect Free

Also, be sure to create the "Bootable Recovery CD" from the menu and then you can recover if Windows 7 won't boot up.

It's also best to store your backup images on an external hard drive or second hard drive in your tower.

I hope this helps! :cool:

Reaction score
Thanks so much.
I have not heard of Macrium Reflect Free but will look into it. These programs have to have pretty simple step by step instructions for me.

I did downloand Easeus ToDo Backup today as I had tried it on my old computer using XP
It is such hard work for me!:eek:
Patti

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Macrium Reflect Free is very easy to use and is a GUI-based interface. (Graphical User Interface)

You shouldn't really have any issues with it, plus their website has a HELP and FAQ sections.

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
I had a similar issue and found the only fix was to:
1) Turn off schedule
2) Delete all backups
3) Use the Change Settings link on the Windows Backup and Restore panel. Once in the Change Settings I had to reselect where to backup and what files to backup.

Then try a manual backup to see if any more problems.

Ask a Question