Volume issue - plays low even though slider is up

Reaction score
Hello, I have noticed that when I play music for Spotify, it is relatively very quiet. The Spotify volume slider is equal with the main volume slider, so that rules out the usual cause.

The weird thing is, the green indicator of how high the volume is moves to the top of the Spotify volume meter but barely up the master volume meter (hard to explain, see attached pic). The volume in the application is fully maxed, so I'm not sure what is going on.

btw, I use spotify as an example but this happens with other programs as well.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!!

Attachments

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
Since this happens to other programs.. What are you using for speakers, or is this a headset? Have you tried re-seating the audio jacks in the ports? Sounds like one might not be fully seated. If it's a headset, have you tried a different one?

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply - I am using my built in speakers. It's odd to me because the volume bar shows it playing at like 5%, so I feel like it's a software thing. But I have maxed the volume, so I don't know why that would happen.

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply - I am using my built in speakers. It's odd to me because the volume bar shows it playing at like 5%, so I feel like it's a software thing. But I have maxed the volume, so I don't know why that would happen.
Which volume bar is this?

The sound drivers and the system volume should both be synced, but if for whatever reason they are not then you will have to adjust them both in addition to manually adjusting your speakers.

Reaction score
Which volume bar is this?

The sound drivers and the system volume should both be synced, but if for whatever reason they are not then you will have to adjust them both in addition to manually adjusting your speakers.
The volume sliders are synched, but the green volume indicator (showing how sounds is coming from each application) is full on spotify but very short on the 'device' indicator - the picture attached to the original post shows this. Any thoughts?

Ask a Question