Vista to Windows7 disc space

jeh

Reaction score
Hello, I decided to install windows 7 from vista last week. I put in the disc and just installed, everything was fine until now. I have ran out of disc space now on RECOVERY (E) which is 15gig, on my main c drive I have about 118gig free which is great. What I would like to know is why does my laptop tell me I'm getting low disc space when I have 118 gig on my (C:) drive? I know its me and not my laptop, I just don't understand this really? Is there any way I can delete the old vista partition? I have been fiddling around all day trying to do this - looking at guides and what not. So I've decided to make this thread so I don't break my laptop. So the top and bottom of it really is I'd to free up so major space some how, I've deleted all possible programs that I could and I'm still low on disc space. I hope this is clear to someone out there, and to me its confusing! The picture might help... thanks!

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
It's telling that because that one partition is nearly at capacity. It doesn't matter what drive it is, if Windows sees a drive at almost full capacity it will give you that warning.

Is your system a laptop or a desktop? Do you need Vista anymore?

The recovery partition is part of the Vista setup that was done at the computer maker. IF you don't need anything from the partition, go ahead and reformat it, or open it up and see what you can delete.

jeh

Reaction score
Oh I see, no I dont need vista at all. Can i just delete everything from that and windows 7 will work okay? Thanks, oh and its laptop!

Last edited:

Ask a Question