Villains never give up do they.

Reaction score
They never give up do they. I have just opened the following e mail.

Your online banking has been terminated (reason: terms of service violation).
Although your account has been terminated, your data may still be available for
up to 24 hours, after which it will be deleted.

If you feel this suspension is an error, please click here as soon as possible.

You could be de-activated by your financial institution if you failed to verify the rightful holder of your account above.

Thank you,
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]_______________________________________________________________________________
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Service email[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This is a service email from Financial Corporation. Please note that you may receive service emails periodically, whether or not you have elected to receive promotional emails.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Contacting Us[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Please do not reply to this email. If you have a question about your account.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Privacy and Security[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Selector values your privacy and security. To read our privacy and security policies please visit our website.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Page last updated 16/12/09[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I must get about 10 of these sort of phising e-mails a day. But recently, I've seen some very well crafted ones that have been targeted at paypal members that use a little more detail (like inserting the full name / e-mail in to the message). Normally it's the grammar that gives it away, but scammers are wising up a little now.

FWIW, I'd never click on a link from any bank/paypal e-mail. Always log in to the site directly :). Sometimes paypal do send valid e-mails out, so just mouse-over the URLs in the message to check that they are from the paypal domain. :)

Kalario

Aquarius
Reaction score
Although I did not get any lately, my favourite ones were the ones from some relative of an african obscure dictator who died and left $30MM in some bank and want my help recover it. I used to have fun and respond to them, but they never bit :)

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
I have lost count how many times my accounts have been lost, deleted, need updating etc according to e-mails ... funny how i still get my monthly statements :)

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
Even if I am 100% certain of an email sender, I always open my own browser window and surf to the website and log in separately. Better to take the extra step then get lazy and regret it.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Even if I am 100% certain of an email sender, I always open my own browser window and surf to the website and log in separately. Better to take the extra step then get lazy and regret it.
And thats very good advice, thanks Draceena :top:

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
They never give up do they. I have just opened the following e mail.
I get at least two of these emails every week. What caught my attention from the jump was that one of the accounts had been closed since 2000. The other had been closed for two years. And I use Web of Trust (WOT) as an addon. There were little red circles all over the links on the page. I don't even open them anymore, I move them to the spam box, then delete them. However at first, I was forwarding them to the abuse department of the banks in question. They always responded with basically a form letter, saying that they were close to catching them. I finally quit messing with it. Mark as spam, then trash.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Cat wrote
I finally quit messing with it. Mark as spam, then trash
I do exactly the same mate, my spam box always has stuff in it, auto deleted after 1 day.

Ask a Question