Very small fonts in Windows 7

Reaction score
I,m new to windows 7 in last couple weeks .Had windows xp on old pc.Only problen im having right now that i cant seem to figgure out is the tiny print,also aim and such as that boxes appear very small.I,m also a coumperter dummy,so please use simple language.Thanks for your help in advance.Paul

Reaction score
Hi aka rotten - Welcome to w7forums

What size screen does your monitor have?
Can you tell us what resolution you have Windows set too?

You have two different options that I know of.
  1. change the size of items on the screen - "Control Panel >> All Control Panel Items >> Display"
  2. decrease your resolution - "Control Panel >> All Control Panel Items >> Display >> Screen Resolution"

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
If the above suggestion does not work for you, do this for us, aka.
With your normal desktop, press Ctrl and Print screen (probably PrtSc on your keyboard)
Now, in the programs menu, open "Paint" and, in the centre of the window, prss Ctrl V.
You should now have a picture of your dsktop. Save it "as" and select a destination on your computer.

Now, on this forum, if you select "Go Advanced", you can upload the picture to your post, and the members can better see the problem.

Reaction score
There's one other item in IE8 (default W7 browser) I think you might find helpful. It's a Zoom feature. It zooms the print size of the entire screen, and it stays that way till you change it. This tool goes on the same tool bar that holds the "Tabs" when you're browsing the internet. It's the bottom most bar of the tool bars at the top of the screen.

Right click that tool bar. Temporarily uncheck Lock the Toolbars. Click Customize. Click Add or Remove Commands.

This opens a window with 2 boxes....."Available Tool Bar Buttons" and "Current Tool Bar Buttons". Among the tools available here is a Spyglass shaped icon named "ZOOM". Move this tool to the "Current Tool Bar Buttons" box if it's not already, then re-check Lock the Toolbars so the toolbar can't get changed accidentally.

This zoom tool is a nice feature. I use it all the time. Give it a try if you haven't already.

Last edited:

Ask a Question