SOLVED USB speakers not working in 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Amigo usb speakers were working fine in Vista. Upgraded to 7 two days ago and cannot get anything out of them. Diagnostics tells me they are working and all drivers are up to date. I have tried designating them as default device and no sound comes out of the computer at all. When I designate the internal speakers as default and then plug in the usb speakers, the internal speakers continue to work but nothing comes out of the usb speakers. Does anyone know if these are just incompatible with 7 or am I doing something wrong

Reaction score
Amigo speakers in Windows 7

Have just heard back from the manufacturer. In case anyone else has same problems go to the sound drop down from control panel. Make the usb speaker the default device and click the properties button. Under 'enhancements' make sure the 'disable enhancements' button is checked then click okay. Speaker should work.

Reaction score
thanks for this post, I had the same problem it fixed the USB speakers imeadiatly.

Reaction score
In case you had the same problem as mine, my old and very high quality YAMAHA YST-MS55D allows both USB and audio jack. On the back of your subwoof - find the USB ONLY area. Disconnect the USB cable from your sub and computer. Then use the other audio cable to link ur sub with the audio jack on your computer (the earphone plug). You don't need to change the other connections. Your Speaker will then function like an earphone, which means no drivers needed as it is not a USB device anymore.

Reaction score
amigo usb speakers

Have just heard back from the manufacturer. In case anyone else has same problems go to the sound drop down from control panel. Make the usb speaker the default device and click the properties button. Under 'enhancements' make sure the 'disable enhancements' button is checked then click okay. Speaker should work.
fix does not work on win 7 starter, does not give the option to set as default, hope you can help with out the need or cost to upgrade to full windows seven.
Steve.

Reaction score
where is drop down menu in control panel

there is a sound thumbnail with content but no dropdown menu

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
17camps, I can't tell if you are making a statement or forming an incomplete question but either way, this is a solved thread. If you do have a question please start your own thread and provide much more detail and a more clearly defined question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question