Unable to logon Windows 7

Reaction score
When I attempt to log onto windows 7, the following message appears: The user profile Services services failed the logon (Yes, the word services was repeated). Also, the following will appear: The usere profile cannot be loaded. Unfortunately I did not make a backup disk. Also, I cannot do any of the suggested fixes by changing registry settings, etc. because I cannot log on. Any assistance appreciated.

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi maizenbluedoc,
Welcome to the Windows 7 Forums. I don't know what you can do, in the editing the registry part, but at least to access the computer (after the login), your best choice is to boot into safe mode, and probably do a system restore from there.
Carefull, as system restore from safe mode can NOT be undone!
Here is a guide by Ian on how to boot into safe mode:
https://www.w7forums.com/safe-mode-t1497.html

Basicly, you reboot you PC, press F8 the moment something on your screen, and stay pressed until you hear a "Beep!" Then just choose "Safe mode" in the list using the arrows and then press enter.

Ian's post explains more in detail.

That will boot into a windows with only the essencial drivers loaded.
Warning! The fact that only the core drivers are loaded will make windows look like windows classic, and that might stop some of softwares from working properly, or from working at all.

Hope this helps!
Fire Cat

Last edited:
Reaction score

Ask a Question