Unable to activate Windows 7 error 0x8004FE33

Reaction score
When I try to activate my installation of Windows 7 I'm getting error 0x8004FE33.Internet access is provided to me via proxy server (I'm part of a large campus network).Can anyone tell me how to fix this?Thanks

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If it's just activation that doesn't work because of the proxy, but updates and internet work fine, then I'd use the phone activation option if that is available with Windows 7 :)

Reaction score
I was going to suggest that but wasnt sure if Microsoft was "supporting" phone activation with Windows RC.... a friend of mine had the same issue when Vista was beta and he had a heck of a time using the phone system... he had to stay on the line until he could actually talk to a real person lol

Reaction score
Error codes 0xC004C003, 0xC004C001, 0xC004C008, 0xC004C812, 0xCD004F050, 0xC004C4CE, and 0x8007232B
  • If you receive one of these error codes, change the product key to activate Windows Vista. 1.
    • Click Start
    • Type System in the Start Search box
    • Click System in the Programs list. 2.
    • In the Windows activation section, click the Change product key link.
    • If you receive the User Account Control Dialog message, click Continue.
    • If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type password. 3.
    • In the Product key field, type the product key
    • Click Next. 4.
    • Follow the steps in the Windows Activation Wizard to complete the activation process.
    • Error codes 0x8004FC03, 0X8004FE2D, 0x8004FE33, 0x8004FE91, 0x80072EE7, 0x80072EFD, 0x80072F78, and 0x80072F8F
      • If you receive one of these error codes, verify that your Internet connection is working, and then try to reactivate Windows Vista. To resolve this issue, follow the steps in the appropriate section.
    • The computer is connected to the Internet

Reaction score
Activation does not works with proxy

The activatio process does not work with our proxy...

I connected to Internet with my mobile phone and it works fine!

Reaction score
proxycfg.exe

If you've used proxycfg.exe on your system before. You'll still get this message.

To Fix:
Copy proxycfg.exe to your machine from an old computer.

Set it's properties->compatibilty->Privilege Level -> Run this program as an administrator, to be on.

Set ie to have no proxy settings

run proxycfg.exe -u to copy the setting.

With a direct connection to the internet, you should be able to run activation.

Reaction score
I am getting the same problem as pedjasmek.

My proxy works fine for internet after putting in the username and password, but activation does not give this dialogue box.

Also, online help does not work and so there is no phone number to call after choosing 'activate by phone'.

Any more ideas

Reaction score
Thanks for the phone link - missed it at 1st.

Still can't get online help though - Any ideas for this

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, ptal78! What you will have to do is call the number and get the walkthrough on what to do, if you can't activate over the internet. Hope you get activated soon, good luck to you.

Ask a Question