Un-Read Threads Forum Search

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
Is there a way to look for un-read threads for a set time period, say the last week/day/12 hours?

I ask because when I log in there is, say, 30 New Posts.
Now although FF is set to always open "new links in new tabs" sometimes it decides it will use the current tab which sometimes breaks my link to the site.

When I come back the New Posts: 30 bar now reads New Posts: 2 or whatever without me glancing at/reading the missing 30.

Or am I missing something really simple here??

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
No, it's just the time differential is all. Same thing happens to me sometimes.

I go to the website and see "21 New Posts" read a couple and then leave. I come back twenty minutes later and it reads: "4 New Posts".

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
I usually click on the new posts link the first thing I do when I come to the site, and then open threads with a right-click and "in a new tab." It would of course be easier to have FF just open links automatically in new tabs, but I don't like that. This is more hassle, sure, but it kind of sucks to log in after being away for a few days, seeing two pages of new posts, accidentally clicking the wrong thing, and then there are just one or two - if any - new posts.

There might be an add-on for FF to make it easier to keep track of this kinda stuff. I haven't looked into it. Btw, if you use FF, I highly recommend that you look up an add-on called Lazarus, if you're not familiar with it. It can be a huge time saver.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
That's great Ian, thanks.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
You have a link?
I just type "w7" into the URL bar, and click on the first link that appears...
I don't like typing into the bar. Obviously it's unavoidable, but frequent visits go under my bookmark toolbar. I find it very fast and convenient since I tend to check out a lot of the same sites daily.

I wish I could hide the menu bar, though; I think it was Chrome that had an option for this, that you could have it hidden and just bring it up by pressing Alt.

Attachments

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this will help or not but I have gotten in the habit of reading the oldest post first. Seems like I was having this problem when I would read the newer post. I once was reading a post and something happened next I knew all older post from the one I was reading was flagged as read.

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
:dancing::dancing2::dancing:
There's a way to look for posts in the last 24 hours by using this link : https://www.w7forums.com/search.php?do=getdaily
:dancing::dancing2::dancing:
It's located on the "quick links" dropdown menu as "Today's Posts" :)
More buttons to click???
That's terrific. I replaced my W7F link with that url.
Aah, Mebbe not. A Top Tip :top: from Core!!

Though in this weather I think I would prefer a TipTop!!

Ask a Question