two hard drives

Reaction score
Is their a way windows 7 would recognizes my two hard drives as one. As it is now C drive now is full and I have another installed. Or is their a way to transfer my games over to the other drive , freeing up the main drive??

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
No. That isn't possible.Or not that I know of.
The only thing you could do is to reinstall the game to the new drive, but keeping the game data on the first one.

Also, run CCleaner. It'll get rid of a lot of space. And also delete old restore points. That'll make some space.

Edit: I've done a bit of research. It seems that you can "span" a partition over two drives, making it appear as one. I think you can do that with the Disk Manager included in Windows. This should help:
http://www.avforums.com/forums/windows/859725-make-2-hard-drives-look-like-1-a.html

Last edited:

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Note: If ever something happens to one of the hard drives, you'll lose all the data on BOTH the hard drives. Be careful... I still think that keeping 2 seperate drives is a better idea.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Some motherboards support the JBOD type of RAID. This allows multiple disks to show up as one with the total capacity added together. I have no experience on setting this up and I assume it must be done in the BIOS.

Do a lot of research on it if you plan to go this route.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Note: If ever something happens to one of the hard drives, you'll lose all the data on BOTH the hard drives. Be careful... I still think that keeping 2 seperate drives is a better idea.
Yes, I think it's wiser to install the games in folder on the second drive.

Reaction score
Some motherboards support the JBOD type of RAID. This allows multiple disks to show up as one with the total capacity added together. I have no experience on setting this up and I assume it must be done in the BIOS.

Do a lot of research on it if you plan to go this route.
JBOD - just a bunvh of disks, not 100% sure what it means these days but it's probably just another name for IDE or SATA, with RAID actually off.

The best is RAID-0 cause it increases your hard drive speed. I use 2 SATA's RAID 0, it's cool but 4 would be much better. And still better RAID would be one of 4 SSDs - a bit expensive though.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I use a Sans Digital JBOD two drive enclosure, but it comes with two eSATA ports, one for each hard drive. But it's still considered a JBOD enclosure.

Sans Digital makes all sorts of external hard enclosure setups. Some time y'all out to check out their website as it's quite interesting and informative.

http://www.sansdigital.com/

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
I use a Sans Digital JBOD two drive enclosure, but it comes with two eSATA ports, one for each hard drive. But it's still considered a JBOD enclosure.
But could you set it up as 2 drives appearing as 1 with one cable and the total capacity shown?

About 6-7 years ago I bought an IDE ribbon that connected to a weird port on the MB and it had 2 normal IDE connectors on the other end. I hooked up 2 drives and ran the software CD and voila!, a 160GB drive and a 200GBdrive appearing as 360GB drive JBOD (just a bunch of disks). I used it as my back up partition.

Reaction score
Is their a way windows 7 would recognizes my two hard drives as one. As it is now C drive now is full and I have another installed. Or is their a way to transfer my games over to the other drive , freeing up the main drive??
Use the Disk Manager (run diskmgmt.msc) to create the partition on the new drive, then when it asks, instead of giving it a drive letter have the new partition attach itself to a folder on the C: drive. Then anything being written to that folder will instead be put on the new drive. Not sure if that addresses your specific problem but it's something to consider.

You may also want to consider moving all the user profiles over to the new drive, instead of keeping both data and apps on the C: drive.

//Steve//

Ask a Question