Turn off System Restore

saf

Reaction score
Hi all,

Is it advisable to turn off System Restore in Windows 7 Ultimate just like Windows XP.......

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't see any reason to disable it, so I'd keep it going :). It's a really handy feature when something goes wrong!

Reaction score
I can't see any reason to disable it either but you can also delete restore points you don't need through the Disk Cleanup utility.

Reaction score
I completely agree with Ian and roban.

Restore points will help in many ways. I'm saying this as a user that always disabled them in XP.

Reaction score
Hi all,

Is it advisable to turn off System Restore in Windows 7 Ultimate just like Windows XP.......
I personally prefer to use Acronis True Image & Norton Ghost. Therefore, I choose not to use the system restore feature. Technically speaking, one doesn't replace the other as they serve different purposes (sort of), but I don't think you really need both. Now it's possible they've improved the system restore compared to the WinXP days, but I never did care for it.

Ask a Question