Trying to become a registered user of Win 7 Security tool...

Reaction score
i cannot figure this out! i cant find my reg key. i found my product key but it says its incorrect. what do i do!!??

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I could be corrrrected, but I don't think there is anything called a Windows Security tool?
There is however, a virus, advertising itself as that.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The only other "Windows Security tool" I know of is a virus too. Can you explain a little more about the application you are trying to install?

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi JaneenMalinn and welcome :)

The key you use to install Windows 7 (looks like this > xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx - five sets of five letters and numbers). Manually locating the Windows 7 product key from the registry is nearly impossible due to the fact that it's encrypted. You can use applications like Keyfinder that can retrieve your Windows 7 Key, ... So if your Key is not correct are you seeing a warning on your desktop ?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I could be corrrrected, but I don't think there is anything called a Windows Security tool?
There is however, a virus, advertising itself as that.
I HOPE you don't have that virus! It is a BITCH to get rid of it! VERY stubborn and persistent.

A friend of mine got it on his computer and I tried every virus scan I know of to get rid of it. His roomate downloaded it, thought it was an "essential" program.

Finally just wiped the hard drive clean and did a fresh clean install.

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
Could the original Poster be speaking of the Product ID that you see when you go to Control Panel > System?

I know that number is usually requested by the Microsoft website when you are trying to get help for a windows problem. Is this where you are getting your issue?

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Could be. The thread title contradicts the post. Waiting to hear!
If it is the product key, he is needing, this will find it.

View attachment 966

Last edited:

Ask a Question