Transparent Windows

Reaction score
The full transparent effect was also possible in the builds 6956, 7022, 7048 and 7068
In the builds 7000, 7077 and 7100 it doesn't work.

You also can use this function in the build 7100 (RC), when you copy the two files "DWM.exe" and "uDWM.dll" from folder c:\windows\system32\ of Build 7127 into the Build 7100.

Whereby the file "DWM.exe" is responsible for the evaluation of the registry key ("HideBlur=1") and the file "uDWM.dll" for full transparency.

In order to overwrite these files at all, you first must acquire the full access rights at these files. Then "stop the service": "Desktop Windows Manager Session Manager" for a short time and copy the files from build 7127 into 7100. After that "restart the service": "Desktop Windows Manager Session Manager" again.

Reaction score
i wonder how full transparent effect is affectiin the video card performance thou

Reaction score
I have 7100 i wonder if i will be able to do this when i upgrade to ultimate.

Reaction score
No it is i mean when it hits shelves shouldn't those to files be updated i don't have them.

Reaction score
Im thinking what he is talking about is the need for these files in builds before 7127 - Anything after this build should have it as a option

Reaction score
well i figured MS would let us beta and rc testers upgrade to the real deal for said amount of money and smaller patcher/install during which process these files would be updated allowing the transparency tweak.

Reaction score
I think we beta and rc testers, should also get discount you know, with an upgrade also, maybe not for free, but knock a bit off the price.
Come on MS, you wouldnt have any decent OS's without us!

Reaction score
Hi!

Just one click, you can do it with Windows Toolkit
Download here
Step 1: Click on small button "Disable Full Frame Transparency"
Step 2: Click on small button "Enable Full Frame Transparency":eek:, now, your windows are so wonderful!
Beside, by Windows Toolkit, you can enabe DreamScenes, and more functions..

Last edited:

Ask a Question