SOLVED Text phone numbers being changed to graphics

Reaction score
Suddenly and without any apparent input from me the phone numbers listed in many of the web sites and shopping carts that I access in Australia are changing automatically from their original text format to what appears to be a small graphic complete with an Australian flag.
I want to disable this but I do not where or how.
It appears to have come from the last automatic update from Microsoft but I cannot confirm this. I am using Windows 7 with Outlook and Windows Explorer.

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi !

What you are reffering to is most probably the Skype addon. Do you have Skype installed? Does it look like this:

You should be able to disable it from Skype.
Hope this helps :)

Btw, that's the number of Apple. Why? I don't know. First thing that popped into my mind...

Reaction score
Yes I am using Skype and have been for about 2 months without this change until it started occurring this week. I have had a quick look at Skype and not been able to identify a cause there but will take a closer look in a few hours. Thanks for the lead though. I will report back then.

Reaction score
I was not been able to positively identify it as Skype related but certainly there was evidence of it being so. Could not find any Skype Support to help so have uninstalled it. So far it looks like the phone numbers are back to normal so will leave uninstalled and say thank you for the advice.

Reaction score
My apologies but I did not pick up on the image sent with your first response. Belatedly I now advise the image I was receiving was the same as you have suggested.

Ask a Question