TB Hard Drive issues

Reaction score
Help ME before i destroy this thing!!!!! :mad:

Heres my issue: I was having problems moving, saving, or deleting items to and from my Hitachi SimpleDrive USB 1TB hard drive. So i decided to reformat it to solve the problem. This is where the problems come up.

It now wont let me format it (errors include: "Media is write protected", "Windows cannot complete the format")

Also when i look under the format menu it also says that my hard drive only has 31.9G's instead of 1TB :eek:

Please help me!!!!!! I will give any information needed to assist.

P.S. I have tried partitioning it with no sucess

Last edited:
Reaction score
Try removing it from the computer, let it set for a minute or so. Then reconnect and try formatting again.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
After reconnecting it, go to Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Computer Management, Disk Management and see if you can format it from there.

You may have to right-click on the hard drive icon itself and take it "Offline' and then bring it back "Online" and go from there.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
It's possible the drive actually went bad.

Perhaps a low level format?

Reaction score
i presume it is Win 7 you are using - if not could be like how win xp prior to SP 2 could not detect anything bigger than a 40gb HDD?
I have the same HDD but have not had any problems with it yet. That said I;ve not yet connected it to my la[top running Win7. I remember reading something about it originally being formatted in fat 32 rather than ntsc so you would have to reformat yourself in ntsc?

Ask a Question