Synaptics Touchpad drivers for Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I installed Windows 7 on my laptop, and let it use the default drivers in most cases. The downside is that I lost the scroll functionality on my touchpad, which I can't see to get back any other way than using the Synaptics software.

The drivers I have on CD are quite old, but the ones from the Synaptics website seem to work fine (plus there are 32 bit and 64 bit editions):

http://www.synaptics.com/support/drivers

Reaction score
I have installed the vista driver on my Acer Aspire one D150 netbook and it slows the pointer down to a speed equal to the generic ps/2 driver's slowest setting. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Synaptics problems

I have installed Windows 7 on my laptop (Dell E1505) and have the same problem with touchpad, BUT trying to install Windows Vista driver from the vendor's site it shows me a message telling that it can't install it on that operation system. Have no idea what to do!!! Any ideas?

James M. Fisher

Geezer
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I have installed Windows 7 on my laptop (Dell E1505) and have the same problem with touchpad, BUT trying to install Windows Vista driver from the vendor's site it shows me a message telling that it can't install it on that operation system. Have no idea what to do!!! Any ideas?
I have the same model of laptop, and used the Dell Vista drivers to install the touchpad software successfully.

Reaction score
Hi there
I went to this link, installed it from my downloads window in Mozilla, and it works great.
It solved my scrolling problems immediately.
Also, don't forget to go to 'mouse' in your control panel and to enable your scrolling.
The first link is the download link, and the second link will take you to Synaptics site. There you click on the 32 bit or the 64 bit link, download it and install it by double clicking on the download link in Mozilla.
Happy scrolling!
Best Wishes
Jahde
http://drivers.synaptics.com/Synaptics_v14_0_3_C_XP32_Vista32_Win7-32_Signed_default.exe

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
installed Windows 7 on my laptop, and let it use the default drivers in most cases. T

I installed Windows 7 on my laptop, and let it use the default drivers in most cases. The downside is that I lost the scroll functionality on my touchpad, which I can't see to get back any other way than using the Synaptics software.

The drivers I have on CD are quite old, but the ones from the Synaptics website seem to work fine (plus there are 32 bit and 64 bit editions):

installed Windows 7 on my laptop, and let it use the default drivers in most cases.

Reaction score
I have install Synaptic softwr, but the vertical-horizontl scroll are still not function... I have go to Control Panel, then Mouse, there I see a Tab labeled: Synaptics TouchPad. But, when I try to configure these setting there is nothing else but Standar Pointing Device - PS/2...

Reaction score
Touchpad on Asus N81-vg not working

seems like my problem isn't solved for good. After certain restarts, my touchpad cease to function yet again. can anyone provide me with any help on how to make my touchpad work. I'm currently using a Asus N81-VG. Tried reinstalling the touchpad driver but is still useless

Last edited:
Reaction score
i installed win7 on a aspire 5515, acer doesnt offer drivers for this model, i used the emachines e620 drivers. but for touch pad, i have a wireless mouse, microsoft wireless notebook optical 4000, the driver now controls touch pad and arrow keys. i use same driver for my logitech m705 mouse.
you need to see if the manufacture of your computer offers win7 for your model, if they do download driver, if not check to see if they have other brands thats similar to yours and down load the driver.
acer is also emachines, gateway, and hp(hewlett packard)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question