SUPERAntispyware v5.0

Reaction score
Major anti-virus firms such as Symantec, PC Tools, McAfee and Sophos have come later to the table, adding anti-spyware features to their existing anti-virus products. Early on, anti-virus firms expressed reluctance to add anti-spyware functions, citing lawsuits brought by spyware authors against the authors of web sites and programs which described their products as "spyware".

Last edited by a moderator:

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I was about to welcome the new member, but never mind, I noticed he/she is banned. But I have SAS installed, and do a monthly scan with the product. SAS finds a lot of tracking cookies, adware, etc. It's a product worth having, because the AV/Malware solutions doesn't search for those items. Last month, it found over 60 items on my computer, so being a free program, it's pulling it's weight.

In this age, we need all of the defense we can get from the bad guys, as you never know what one of those tracking cookies may do.

Regardless of any posts to the contrary, SuperAntiSpyware is a product that does it's job. It looks for potential spyware, and is effective at it. It's not a AV/Malware solution, and has never claimed to be.

I look forward to the newer release of SAS, hopefully it's even more potent than it is now.

Cat

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Personally, I like Spybot Search & Destroy.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I've used Spybot's Search & Destroy, but it's a little more complicated to run. And that "tea timer", I don't know about it. But when I checked the option to "immunize" my browser, some things were unable to be immunized. So I uninstalled it, as I felt it was going to leave my partially unprotected.

But if someone who knew how to configure it to work properly used it, they may have better success than I did.

As for whether it's a good app or not, I can't say, I could not everything to work.

Cat

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I've used Spybot's Search & Destroy, but it's a little more complicated to run. And that "tea timer", I don't know about it. But when I checked the option to "immunize" my browser, some things were unable to be immunized.
I agree, do NOT use Tea Timer, it causes issues.

And all your browsers must be closed when you run it; it cannot immunize any that are open (even if it is just FireFox's download manager it is open).

Reaction score
Im looking forward to seeing what version 5 is like.

Regarding Spybot, the client hasnt been updated for sometime now and its looking dated compared with SAS and MWB.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Regarding Spybot, the client hasnt been updated for sometime now and its looking dated compared with SAS and MWB.
I'm one who is perfectly happy and often frustrated when appearances are changed and no option is given to use the classic, so as long as they update what matters I'm content.

Last edited:
Reaction score
SAS was meant to be released before xmas but now they just keep telling us it will be ready when its ready.

Reaction score
I so hate that expression. Along with the "dont fix it if it aint broke" one.

Ask a Question