Strange icon on top of wireless icon !?

Reaction score
I strange icon appeared in my wireless icon. (see attachment picture)
Everything works fine.. but I dont know what it means.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Attachments

Reaction score
Hi dronebot - Welcome to w7forums

That means the wireless connection the icon represents, does not have a wireless connection.

Can you check to see if you have more than one wireless connection?

Right click the icon and select "Open Network and Sharing Center" then select "Change adapter settings"
There should be a list of all your network connections including the ones not working.

Alternate route - Control Panel >> Network and Internet >> Network and Sharing Center >> Change adapter settings

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Sometimes at startup, the same thing happens to me, but once I click onto my browser, it goes away.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
With mine, the yellow starburst is shown when the wireless is in a "Disconnected" state to the wireless router.

If I have a yellow triangle, then it means the IP connection at the modem is not working but that I have a wireless connection.

Reaction score
Same here Nibiru. :)

I suspect they have two wireless connections though. One that works and one that doesn't. If this is the case then the icon is showing the connection status of the one that doesn't work.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Okay, I see now. I would just disable the one that doesn't work then. My ADD would drive me nuts with that little starburst icon. LOL

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Mine has two, the built in one (802.11b,g) and a faster one (802.11b,g,n) that I bought a few months ago on eBay. I downloaded all four of those DR discs in about 8 hours with it (via my neighbor's "n" router). 10.6GB in that time with a two bar signal isn't bad. That little adaptor cost me only $15, and it's well worth it.

Ask a Question