Start up BSOD

Reaction score
Hey Everyone, im new to these forums and semi desperate with my issue. Basically, every time i boot up the computer in the morning, it will BSOD. I turn off my computer everynight, and this BSOD only occurs if the computer has been turned off for extended time. Sometimes, the computer will BSOD during windows bootup, or sometimes it will BSOD after i log onto my user account. Strange thing is, after the comp BSODS, i force shutdown by holding down the power button. When i boot back up, it is fine, with no BSOD's, and 100% stability. The BSOD reason is usually PFN_LIST_CORRUPT or MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, or something about a page file. I reinstalled windows, so i don't know what the issue is. I will upload the minidumps, thanks for advance for any help.

Attachments

Reaction score
Hey there, welcome.

Uninstall MagicISO to remove this driver:

mcdbus mcdbus.sys Tue Feb 24 05:34:07 2009

Then navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers and delete pcouffin.sysm, atksgt.sys and lirsgt.sys:

pcouffin pcouffin.sys Tue Dec 05 09:39:30 2006
lirsgt lirsgt.sys Sat Mar 06 14:53:01 2004
atksgt atksgt.sys Mon Oct 20 03:50:38 2008

Reboot and run Ccleaner to clean the registry.

If you still want disc emulation, install PowerISO which is perfectly stable and the emulation is free forever:

http://www.PowerISO.com

Follow these things and it should be fine. Enjoy.

Reaction score
I'll follow those steps and report back, thanks for the help.

Reaction score
Hmm another BSOD this morning, i deleted everything that you mentioned earlier. Here is the most recent .dmp file.

Attachments

Reaction score
Hmm another BSOD this morning, i deleted everything that you mentioned earlier. Here is the most recent .dmp file.
This latest crash dump you posted is from 10/08 and is precisely the same with relation to all I've said.

If you need any further help, please post a new crash dump that happened after the above problems are taken care of.

Reaction score
lirsgt lirsgt.sys Sat Mar 06 14:53:01 2004
atksgt atksgt.sys Mon Oct 20 03:50:38 2008

Those two drivers are still present and not yet deleted as above.

After doing so, reboot and run Ccleaner to clean the registry.

--------

If you have Tages Copy Protection in the uninstall menu of all programs, uninstall like that instead then check the driver folder for those two to be gone.

Reaction score
Are those drivers related to Tages? Cause one game that i play uses tages, and when i checked the date of those drivers in the System32/drivers folder, they were dated oct 8, 2010. I believe that is when i launched the game that uses tages

Reaction score
Those drivers shown are what is causing the bsods.

You must update or uninstall them. The modified date is of concern and no other date.

Yep, they are for Tages.

If you still need help, please post any new crash dumps with them removed.

Ask a Question