start menu applications

Reaction score
Hi, in start menu, under section games, is there a possibility to point the showing shortcuts, which file they should start and how ca I do that, because I cannot find properties anywhere. thanks in advance

Reaction score
If you right click the frame of the start menu, you will see properties link there. I'm not sire what you are asking about the shortcuts.

Reaction score
you know, when start menu pops up, on the right hand side there are menus like conrol panel, music, games etc. so when you open the games directory from start menu, there are some shortcuts placed and I wanted to know if there is a possibility to point those shortcuts which file should they open, like in xp remember? when a shortcut couldn't find a destination file, you had a possibility to browse for it and point the shortcut to open that specific file. I hope it's somewhat clearer what I mean.

Reaction score
If you went to "All Programs\Games". Do those links work?

One option you could try. Remove the games with "Programs and Features" and then add them back. This should fix any broken links with the games.

Reaction score
that is not an option, it would take about half an hour to de- and reinstall 8 gigabyte game. thanks anyway

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
For most areas you can still point/modify shortcuts by right-clicking -> Properties and modifying the Target field.

For the Games folder you can't do this, but you CAN drag and drop shortcuts into the folder if you need to make one. Just find your game exe and drag it into the Games folder and it should automatically make a shortcut to it.

Reaction score
thanks, I've figured it out, but it's kinda weird and uncomfortable that way.

Reaction score
I tried removing the games with Programs and Features to see just how long it would take. Only two minutes they were removed and placed back in the games folder.

Ask a Question