SSD drive

Reaction score
I have a problem with my hard drive. I have tried everything. My SSD drive space keeps disappearing. I have turned off page file, hibernation, index and have everything on other drive. I freed it up to 16.3 gigs free. Left and came back and it has 13.8. I have ran disc cleanup...treemap and cc cleaner...Sometimes when I reboot 2 to 3 gigs reappear. What is going on here...Has anyone seen this issue?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The fact is, W7 creates things like Prefetch data, DNS cache, Font cache, etc and you can delete them with programs like CCleaner but the system will still attempt to rebuild them. The OS is also designed to update the search indexes primarily while the machine is idle. And every time you visit a website lots of little files are created in the temporary storage for IE/Firefox/etc.

You never really said how big your SSD is but it sounds like you might want to move some of your actual data (huge movies/videos) to another drive to free up space.

Ask a Question