SOLVED Sound crackling from speakers

Reaction score
Not sure if this the right forum to put this in, but here goes...

I own an Aspire 8735G Laptop with Windows 7 64 bit.

I haven't owned my laptop very long and have noticed alot of crackling from the speakers (both internal and external).
The soundcard is internal and I have installed the latest Realtek sound driver but it hasn't made any difference.

Is there something I can do?

Thankyou in advance for any help at all.

Reaction score
Hi.

Yes, there is.

Look in the bios for any cpu throttling settings and disable, to test.

On Asus, it's called Cool N' Quiet.

Not sure if your Acer even has this ability, but worth a check to look for a similar setting.

Or, it could be from throttling in software that you have starting with Windows.

It's good to put the power mode on high performance, while testing.

Reaction score
Thankyou, I'll try those when I get home today.

A couple of questions though...(sorry for the dimness)
I don't have a power mode (or not that I know of), how can I set it as high performance?
And, if it is throttling from software, how do I alter that?

Reaction score
If it turns out to be throttling in software, just uninstall the utility.

To set power modes, right click the desktop. Personalize. Click Screen Saver. Then click change power settings. High performance is hidden by default and you have to click the dropdown arrow to get to it.

I'd look in the bios first though for anything. Then look at the others.

Reaction score
Well, tried to find the CPU throttling in BIOS but couldn't see anything related so then went to your Plan B. I went through all start up items and unchecked all the ones I could really do without, leaving about 8.
Tested playing music that I knew were crackling before, with the Power on High Performance...
It really has sorted the problem out! The only thing is, when I return to a Balanced Performance, the crackling reappears not as bad but still there. I guess small sacrifices :)
Just out of curiosity, I found a file in start up called DefaultSettingEXE Application/PLFSetI.exe. Do you know what this might be? If nothing too important, it's another thing I can uncheck to start up.

Anyway, thankyou very much all your help...it has been greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
DO NOT MESS WITH THE " DefaultSettingEXE Application/PLFSetI.exe". YOUR COMPUTER WILL BURST INTO FLAMES! lol

It am pretty sure it has to do with a web cam man, shouldn't hurt anything to disable it.

BUT, you might want to google it just to make sure.

Reaction score
Hahahaha...lucky I asked otherwise my lovely new laptop would be a small pile of ash by now :)

That's the info I discovered about it, that it was something to do with the webcam.

Thanks.

Ask a Question