Sound and Graphics Drivers?

Reaction score
Hi, matt here.

After a long process of finally installing Windows 7, (Tried installing through usb port but my bios and motherboard aren't friends) I am thrilled.

But (Just like when i reinstalled XP), my sound isn't working. Last time, I just went to my manufacturer's site and installed sound drivers. Bingo. Everything was fine.

This time when i try to do that with 7, It seems like it installs fine but I still have problems. Maybe because it's xp drivers? Not sure. I'm not familiar with drivers at all.

The screenshot I have below shows my two problems. No sound, and that error shows when I try to play any game (solitaire for example).

I have attached two pictures. They're pretty much self explanitory. CPU-Z and GPU-Z. You guys usually ask for a screenie of them. I'm one step ahead of ya ;)

DriverMax Computer info: http://www.drivermax.com/driver/wmi.php?computer_id=V8D39L9YWD092WYB29EEEW7H0RJFDO&iduser=1348649
My Drivers: http://www.medionusa.com/ MED S/N:41511010012630

Thanks for any help :)
-Matt

Attachments

Reaction score
Hi Mattt7 - Welcome to w7forums

Can you check Windows Update for optional updates?

Hardware update are usually listed under optional updates and do not install automatically unless you have Windows Update set to include the optional updates.

If Windows Update does not help
try downloading the Vista/Win7 Realtek AC'97 Audio drivers from here - AC'97 Audio Codecs (Software)

Is there anything else you can tell us about the computer?

Reaction score
Hi Mattt7 - Welcome to w7forums

Can you check Windows Update for optional updates?

Hardware update are usually listed under optional updates and do not install automatically unless you have Windows Update set to include the optional updates.

If Windows Update does not help
try downloading the Vista/Win7 Realtek AC'97 Audio drivers from here - AC'97 Audio Codecs (Software)

Is there anything else you can tell us about the computer?
Yes i checked Windows Update, the optional updates are all language packs.

I am currently downloading that Audio driver, thanks for that.

The computer is a Medion. Pretty old (2002?). 512mb ram. I'm surprised Win 7 works as good as it does.

My comp always tells me that my usb devices can perform faster, which means I have old usb ports (Which doesn't even matter to this issue).

I have a dual boot with XP and 7. Uh... What else would you need to know? Did you check the screenshots?

Reaction score
Did you check the screenshots?
Yes, thats how I found you needed the AC'97 Audio files.

If you are dual booting can you run those test to see which Video Drivers you need. It would help if we knew which video chipset you have in the computer.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
My comp always tells me that my usb devices can perform faster, which means I have old usb ports (Which doesn't even matter to this issue).
Your motherboard's USB ports are probably the older USB v1.1 type. You can add a USB PCI card for around $15-20 that will make it USB v2.0. Which is considerably faster than USB v1.1. Most cards had 4 external ports and 1 or 2 internal ports.

Reaction score
Yes, thats how I found you needed the AC'97 Audio files.
I double clicked the setup file, which then installed it. But it still says "No Audio Output Device is installed."

If you are dual booting can you run those test to see which Video Drivers you need. It would help if we knew which video chipset you have in the computer.
I am dual booting. And by "those tests", do you mean that GPU-Z thing?

Reaction score
I am dual booting. And by "those tests", do you mean that GPU-Z thing?
Yes, look into your system from XP and see what hardware you have.
The names of your Audio, Video, and any other item that has a yellow symbol in Windows 7 Device Manager.

Use whatever you can to learn your system
If you have any question, you can post your findings.

Ask a Question