Sony Vaio Media Centre VGX-TP3Z

IJH

Reaction score
I have upgraded several PC's to W7 without any problems, but my SONY VAIO Media Centre VGX -TP3Z will not upgrade. The compatibility test states that the NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GT is not compatible.Also the two AverMedia MiniCard Pure DVB-T and the Texas InstrumentsPCIxx12 Integrated FlashMedia Controller are unknown.

The Media Centre is only one year old.

Can anyone help please?

I am not a "Techie"

Thankyou

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Your nVidia GeForce 8400M GT WILL WORK. nVidia has both the x86 (32 bit) and x64 (64 bit) drivers for download at their website.

Go HERE

For your AverMedia card you should be able to find drivers at their website HERE

Knowing the specific model of your AverMedia card will help you find the driver quicker. Also, you CAN use the Vista drivers, if necessary.

Go to the Sony website and check the drivers for you model of computer. They should have the updated drivers listed.

IJH

Reaction score
Thankyou very muh for the info. I will try to do as you suggest later in the week when I get back home. I will report back later

Thankyou
IJH

IJH

Reaction score
Hi Nibiru 2012

I am home now and am ready to do as you suggest. Is it better to install W7 and then update the drivers or update them on Vista and then do the installation

Thankyou
IJH

Reaction score
You will need to use the proper drivers for each OS. The Vista drivers may or may not carry over to the new OS. Either way it would be best to use Windows 7 drivers. This will minimize any possible problems that may give you troubles.

IJH

Reaction score
IJH

I have installed W7 and installed all the drivers, but I am still having problems.
After the NVIDIA diriver has been installed a Setup Error message appears stating

"The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit."

The system works fine as a PC but the Windows Media Centre/Media Player do not function properly. All the recorded TV and Music files have been retained but there is no sound at all.

The system uses a Realtek High Definition Audio card and according to the W7 compatibility check is functioning correctly. I have tried updating the driver but nothing happens. I have also downloaded the Sony Vaio service pack No.5, which seems to have corrected the tuner problems,but there is still no audio.

Realtek's website suggets downloading drivers from Sony rather than from them.

Help!!!!

thankyou
IJH

IJH

Reaction score
IJH

On more thing that I forgot to mention when I start the PC instead of the new W7 4 colour spinnong start up logo I get the horizontal Vista type with the scrolling green rectangles which then changes to the W7 opening page.

Thankyou

Ask a Question