Snap Feature error - PLEASE help

Reaction score
Hi guys, I was using my pc yesterday, when suddenly my IE window snapped to full screen while I was just moving it, I tried pressing the square to get out of full sceen, however that seemed to have become is max size, so I tried to manually drag the window smaller, did so successfully, however when I tried to move this re-sized window, a red border shows up while I am dragging, upon letting go, the window auto-full screens again.

Then the same happened to my windows media player screen.
Only these two programs/windows are acting like this, anything else I can re-size freely etc.
I have tried to turn off the mouse-snap feature under ease of use, hoping this will stop it, no luck there.
I have also tried to edit the IE window properties so it opens in minimized window, this still has no effect.

I think I remember holding a keyboard button down while initially dragging the IE window, maybe that triggered something??

My windows ver is win7 64bit.

Please could someone help me, its getting really frustrating now as more and more windows are being caught in this loop...

Reaction score
Hey I saw your post and you mentioned a red border? I am not familiar with any built in functionality that would add something like that. Are you running the standard color scheme?

Aside from that you should try disabling all of the start up programs and see if it is a external piece of software causing the issue

see this link: https://www.w7forums.com/disable-startup-applications-t2825.html

Ask a Question