davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Last edited:
Reactions: Ian

Kalario

Aquarius
Reaction score
That is awesome !!! I wrote my 2 cents already.

Reaction score
I should note that Alexa is not really all that accurate.

Reaction score
There isn't a public site that can. Accurate site demographics can only come from a traffic monitoring package directly interfacing with or running on the server hosting the site.

Google Analytics or Mint, for example.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Much like a "poll", where polling companies compiles their figures from targeted groups of people. For example, a poll suggested that over 70% of US citizens was against the recent health care bill. But I was never asked, and don't know anyone who was. But the chart is still interesting, I feel that we're climbing, I've noticed the growth myself by the increasing number of threads here. And generally, issues are being solved faster, too.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I am sure you are all correct. I have a look at Alexa, from time to time, as I have a site of my own which I like to watch.
The most important function to me is, however it, or any other similar counter, may gather its statistics, it can show a trend and a relative difference between the sites which interest the user, over a given period.
In this case, it was very significant. The site which interested me most has undergone quite a few changes, to, imo, its detriment. It was apparent, from my latest peep in to Alexa, that other users feel the same..

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks guys :)

The other site I know of that does site profiles like this is compete.com - although as Thrax says, these sort of sites aren't too accurate in terms of traffic numbers. They do however provide a handy way of leaving reviews on a site, as well as providing a reasonable estimate as to the site traffic.

Reaction score
TBH although Alexa isn't accurate, it is about the best way to compare competing sites.

The most accurate way of finding a site traffic that I have found it www.google.com/adplanner/

Ask a Question