Sharing data between other OS

Reaction score
Well , in my pc , now i have two linux (CentOS 5.3 and Debian lenny 5.3 , both 64 byte)

I want to share , have read access at least to the linux partitions ( I think i have to be able to read XFS , and perhaps EXT3) from windows.

I know that there are some applications that could be installed to let windows , at least , read that partitions , but i didn't used them , because , i haven't been using windows for about 5 years , at least at home.

I would like to know , if someone know it , if there is a good app for this, because i don't know if use a application like those , could corrupt some files when trying to copy them.

My intention is to copy some files , when need to work with them, because i want to use windows to do 3D / CG design.

I have a SSD for my OSes , 1 HD for 3D / CG design , that now is all formated in XFS (1TB) , one 750 GB disk for music,photos and like in XFS too and one 1,5 GB disk for Backups.

Perhaps i could change my partition sheme in the HHDs so be able to have 500 GB or like for copy data from and to windows ( I think linux could read / write NTFS with some app or use Fat32) so be able to use that data need.

Reaction score
Its seems that Cooperative Linux (CoLinux) , that is a embebbed linux kernel for windows,that can be used to let access to linux partitions without problems , and i know too , that from linux , i can read NTFS and Fat32 without problems and write also very easily ( Installing a app , confirmed)

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
I haven't had any issues reading ntfs partitions with Linux (Mint). I wouldn't be comfortable with the idea of allowing Windows anywhere near my ext3/4 partitions, though.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I haven't had any issues reading ntfs partitions with Linux (Mint). I wouldn't be comfortable with the idea of allowing Windows anywhere near my ext3/4 partitions, though.
Me, too! That's why I created my swap partition between my Windows and Linux partitions, and chose not to import documents from Windows when installing Mint and Ubuntu. We might be best to discuss this in the off topic discussion, as this is a Windows forum, and don't want any heat on us.

Ask a Question