Setting Day/Month/Year

Reaction score
Hi, I have just got my granddaughter a new Laptop, for her birthday, I have lost the windows manual to tell me how to set the Day/Month/Year. I want to have it all up & running before she comes round my house, I know the answer is simple but this laptop is doing my head in. I cannot get used to having no mouse to use, help me out please before I loose what is left of my marbles. Thanks Mac

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi and Welcome to the forums!

It's very simple actually. In the task bar, click onthe date and time, and then on "Change time and time settings...".

There, you will be able to change the time manualy, or use internet time, in the Internet Time tab.

Cheers,
Fire Cat

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi Mac and welcome :)

In Windows 7 go Control panel > Date and Time

Reaction score
Thanks for replying, I did not explain myself very good. I meant to say that the date on a folder would be for example: 2010-05-18 but I wanted it to be like the UK style 18-5-2010. I found out that all the picture files I had transferred to the laptop were in the default settings of her camera, she said she never bothered to change them & she is used to it now. I should have thought of that right away, but my old brain is not what it was. Thanks again Mac

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh. Well then thats a regional option. You should be able to change that in Control Panel > Regionnal Settings.

Cheers,
Fire Ca

Ask a Question