Setting Active Partition?

Reaction score
I've been having BSODs lately, so I ran the startup repair tool. It gave me the "no valid partition" message and supposedly fixed it. I went into the disk management screen to check it, and it shows my 100 MB Windows allocated partition as active, and the rest of my C drive where Windows is installed is not. Should I make it active or leave it as is?

Reaction score
Everything is as it should be.

I personally don't have the 100 MB partition because I have configured my system without it. I don't need the 100 MB partition because I don't use Windows features that rely on its presents. However in a default installation the 100 MB partition should be present and flagged as active.

The active partition is the partition that the boot sequence points to for booting. There can only be one partition flagged as active. Unless you are having boot issues, I wouldn't mess with a thing.

Reaction score
Okay, thanks. I think the problem is with the new Nvidia drivers. I rolled back to the 310.90 driver and going to see what happens.

Ask a Question