Second Monitor via USB2 adapter

Reaction score
W7 Professional is installed and working great except that I cannot get my second monitor to work.
Worked fine in XP using a Tritton UV100 USB2 adapter.

Downloaded new W7 drivers from Tritton, installed them OK, and the second monitor is listed on the devices page as a USB2 VGA device, but in the column for Unspecified Device, and does not show up in the Control Panel display where screen is normally extended to 2 monitors.

Have tried all combinations of connecting monitor first, then drivers; or drivers first, followed by monitors. It has to be something really simple that i am missing.

Tritton website support has not been responsive.

Any help will be appreciated.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi DrSTM

Press the Windows key + P and you will see setup.

Reaction score
Second Monitor via USB2

Hi DrSTM

Press the Windows key + P and you will see setup.
Thanks Veedaz, but your suggestion to extend the screen only works if the second monitor is recognized and mine is not. I know how to extend the screen, but W7 will not recognize my second monitor which worked fine in XP.
Thanks for your effort, though.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
I see, In Device Manager, do any of your devices appear at fault ?, / can Windows see the monitor ? and do you have the setting to allow for automatic play of devices on ?

Reaction score
I see, In Device Manager, do any of your devices appear at fault ?, / can Windows see the monitor ? and do you have the setting to allow for automatic play of devices on ?
Thanks Veedaz,
I am not sure i know what you mean by 'the setting to allow for automatic play of devices' but other plug n play things seem to work ok on my usb ports.

The second monitor is listed as an Unspecified in the Devices window and is described as USB2.0 VGA DEVICE, and under Properties/Device Status it says this device is working properly. However, it is not recognized as a monitor. In the DEVICES column of this window, the primary monitor [connected to the vid card] is listed, along with two other monitors that are described as Generic Non PnP Monitors. These last two show up when the new Tritton drivers are loaded and Location says 'on USB 2.0 VGA DEVICE-1(Extend)' and 'on USB 2.0 VGA DEVICE-1(Mirror)'. They are both listed as working properly. Drivers are listed as up-to-date when i do search for drivers, but are still not detected when i go in and look in the Control Panel.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
I have just looked up your Tritton UV100 USB2 adapter and its not good news M8 >
Not Compatible with Windows 7--No Tech support
My Tritton UV100 has been working fine with Windows XP, but I was surprised to learn that
1. it does not work with Windows 7
2. there is no tech support for this issue
3. there is no information on whether or when this will be addressed

This is unforgivable since beta versions of W7 have been available for a long time and it should not be difficult to create new drivers
Read more here > http://www.americanpoems.com/B0003NFY1E/Tritton_TRI-UV100__SEE2_USB_2.0_SVGA_Adapter.php

Edit - You could try XP compat mode as your on Windows 7 pro for the drivers, but i cant say it will work.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Veedaz,
That is my quote that I posted to their website! I posted it before last week when they posted a driver set for W7. I have the new drivers that they just released for the UV100 and these are the ones I am struggling to get working. I have also put up other postings on this issue on the Tritton website. They claim that these drivers should work on W7.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
I see, well try compat mode or have you already done that ? and close down as much as you can (running apps (eg) Antivirus, try installing the normal way and if the drivers still wont work try compat mode,

Last edited:
Reaction score
I see, well try compat mode or have you already done that ? and close down as much as you can (running apps (eg) Antivirus, try installing the normal way and if the drivers still wont work try compat mode,
Veedaz,
I have not tried compatibility mode. These drivers are supposed to work in W7 and were released October 23. I am waiting for a reply from Tritton Technologies, but I am afraid they are not a very responsive company. The other thing i may have to do is buy a new vid card that supports two monitors, but for my Dell XPS desktop, the only card that fits costs more than a monitor. I may just have to spend the $$ in the end.

Thanks for your help, though.

Ask a Question