Second Monitor scaling Problems

Reaction score
So i've been trying to dual monitor with a 42" 108p samsung TV and a Dynex 24" 1080p tv. The connection between the graphics card and the 42" TV is and HDMI cord and the 24" with a VGA to DVI. I am able to scale the 42" in the Catalyst Control Center to fit the screen but when trying to scale the 24" the bar is grayed out and un-clickable. I was thinking that it might be the VGA to DVI cord that was the problem but i've yet to see anything about it searching forums yet. Any help or insight would be wonderful.

Sapphire vapor-x Radeon HD 5750 1 GB 128-bit PCI Express 2.1 X16 HDCP

Intel Core i7-930 2.8GHz Quad Core

Corsair 8GB DDR3 SDRAM

Windows 7 64bit home premium

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
When dealing with video, and especially digital video, quality cables/connectors do matter. It would certainly be better if you could stick with digital only.

While Windows supports multiple monitors natively, even the latest operating systems sometimes have little issues, and seem to get confused occasionally as to which monitor is primary and which is secondary. So a multi-monitor utility is almost a necessity. My favorite is UltraMon – not free, but worth it. Others have suggested the free DisplayFusion, but I have no experience with it.

See also, Dual monitor setup is easy in Windows 7!

Ask a Question