SOLVED search engine

Reaction score
I am looking for a new search engine in your opinion which is the best I do not like google or google chrome to many adverts and chrome interferes with the computer to much.
Jim

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm a big google search fan, but if you're not keen on that then perhaps give www.bing.com a try. It has improved considerably over the past few years :)

Reaction score
Hello cat
I see one of the system requirements is google chrome the thing is I have had a lot of problems with google chrome when I download it there seems to be a lot of programs that will not react properly and when I uninstall it everything works fine my os is windows 7
Jim

Reaction score
in my opinion google is the best search engine than others but ifu don't like it u should try bing as it is new and there r many others as yahoo,duck duck go,ask & many others
u should give bing,duck duck go a try.:mad:

Reaction score
I am using bing now and I am very pleased with it. I know google is a good search engine but there was to many adverts for chrome and when I did download it it stopped a lot of addons from working, but I do like bing.
Many thanks to those who helped.
Jim

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I prefer Bing myself. You oftentimes get less results with searches than Google, but the results are more recent & accurate.

Google has a very powerful search engine, but oftentimes, one has to dig through several pages of links to find what's needed, as they don't clean up outdated links often enough, if at all. Their database is massive.

I'm not sure what browsers doesn't have a ixquick plugin to install their search engine, which by chance is excellent also, but it works well with both IE & FF.

Web Of Trust (WOT) is also a search engine, and rates it's links as to safety. It works in both IE & FF. However, sometimes it'll flag a good site as bad. This happens because the members (the WOT users themselves) can rate a website (give feedback). Sometimes, a user gives bad ratings to an otherwise safe site because they're pissed over a purchase (usually buyers remorse).

http://www.mywot.com/

Cat

Ask a Question