SOLVED Screen saver

Reaction score
Does snyone know if it is possible to get a copy of software for Win XP Aquirum screen saver.
Ken

Reaction score
Use the old Windows XP screensavers, including Aquarium, with Windows Vista and 7
One clever guy on the WinMatrix forums (back in 2009, it must be said) has ported the Windows XP screensavers to work with Vista and 7. Unfortunately, Windows Dancer has been removed for copyright reasons, but the Original Screensavers pack (including Aquarium) is still available! Once you've unzipped it, you should have an EXE called MCE2005Screensavers.exe. I chose to unzip that file (using 7-Zip), as I don't like running EXEs, but many people have attested that the file is free of viruses.

You should then have a directory full of screensaver (.SCR) files. Right click your favorite and Install. It seemed a little buggy, with some screensavers requiring multiple Installs before they finally worked. But as you can see above, the Aquarium definitely works on Windows 7.
Here is a different one too?
3D Fish School Screen Saver for Windows 7/Vista/XP

Reaction score
I have downloaded it from the original site as stated and it worked with no problem. Thanks
Ken

Ask a Question