Screen Saver in Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So I buy this PC from someone. It is running Windows 7 64bit. Works great. Then it comes up with the famous 'Not Genuine' message. I'll have to take care of that.

But what is really irritating is that the auto-shut off of the display stopped working, sort of. It will work fine if the 1 minute or 2 minute is selected. Anything about that, 5, 10 15, etc minutes, the display will never shut off.

Is this Microsoft's crappy game because the copy of Windows came up as not genuine? Or has someone else seen this issue also?

Very irritating.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
All sorts of things happen when you have the "not genuine" including longer and longer forced delays in start-up, a black desktop, etc. As to the display sleep function I don't know for sure if that is "not genuine" related but depending on the source used to install W7 you may be best to reformat the HD and completely reinstall the OS with valid software and key.

Reaction score
All sorts of things happen when you have the "not genuine" including longer and longer forced delays in start-up, a black desktop, etc. As to the display sleep function I don't know for sure if that is "not genuine" related but depending on the source used to install W7 you may be best to reformat the HD and completely reinstall the OS with valid software and key.
It figures. Microsoft will screw around any way they can......

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
With respect. I don't see them "screwing " you around. Like any other producer, they want payment for their products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question