SOLVED Scanner driver for Umax Astra 4100

Reaction score
I am currently using Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (32 bit) as OS on my PC. I also have Umax Astra 4100 Scanner for which I have the orignal driver CD ver 1.0 which was working well with windows XP Home my previous OS. Now I need a driver for the new OS. Where can I find it:confused:? I have searched the www.umax.com website without any success. Will driver on the orignal driver ver 1.0 on the CD work with win 7?:confused:
I will appreciate knowledgable suggestions to resolve this problem.
thanks.:):adore:

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
It's hard to say if it will work or not. The best way to know is to try it out. If you have issues installing, you can also try Compatibility Mode (righ click the .exe and find the Campatibility tab and select it to be compatable to XP)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I wasn't able to get my old UMAX Astraslim scanner working in Windows 7 (although I could in the RC, but it just kept crashing in RTM).

You could give the old drivers a shot, as it's not going to do any harm - but UMAX don't seem to be supporting old scanners anymore :(

Reaction score
Hi draceena and Ian
I installed the old driver as suggested by you. Happy to inform you that your suggestion has worked and I am now able to use my scanner.
Thanx a ton
:)
:dancing2:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That's great news :) Thanks for reporting back with the results!

Reaction score
Kind Attention Astra 4100

HI I am currently using Windows 7 Home Basic Edition (64 bit) as OS on laptop PC. I Own a Umax Astra 4100 Scanner for which I have the orignal driver CD ver 1.0 which was working well with windows XP(ser pack 2) Home my previous OS. Now I need a driver for the new OS. Where can I find it:confused:? I have searched the www.umax.com website without any success. Will driver on the orignal driver ver 1.0 on the CD work with win 7?:confused:
I have tried the about {driver compatability test by right cliking on the Setup.exe app} but the drivers did not get installed...
I will appreciate knowledgable suggestions to resolve this problem.
thanks.:):adore:
Kindly help....

Ask a Question