SC2 Crash

Reaction score
Hi,

I keep getting BSOD'ed when playing SC2. I've attached the minidumps.

Motherboard is gigabyte EP35-DS3R, and my graphics card is a Geforce 9800. I've checked that drivers are up to date.

Any help that you can provide would be much appreciated! Please let me know if there's other info on my comp that would be useful.

Thanks!

Attachments

Reaction score
Hi.

Whenever I see someone say that their drivers are up to date, I laugh a little bit because I know I will find some things. That's in your best interest though because if I didn't you'd have a hardware issue.

The crash was blamed on your video card driver but this is not true at all since you really do have the latest one for that. Let's move on to why this 0x3b error may have happened, instead.

Ahh looka what I found heh heh. Old Razer drivers are notorious for corrupting memory. You have one from 2005 for your Diamondback 3G. Please update to the latest driver from here:

Code:
DB3G     DB3G.sys     Mon Nov 07 01:33:11 2005
http://www.razersupport.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=445&nav=0,76

In credit to you, all other drivers seem alright. Make this above change and please let us know how it goes and/or post new dumps if needed.

Reaction score
Strange, I ran the file from the link you put in there.

I checked around the site and there was also a win7-specific driver. Let me try that one...

Reaction score
Installed the Win7 specific one - and, naturally, no luck.

Not sure whats going on with that driver. Windows upd says that there isnt anything new out there as well.

File attached.

Attachments

Reaction score
Never WU for drivers. That's asking for problems and saying please at the same time.

The Razer driver hasn't been updated yet.

Run the installer I linked to, again. You can check C:\Windows\System32\drivers for the file to see its properties and modified date. If it remains 2005, you're not installing it well for whatever reason.

Reaction score
Here's the deal. I downloaded and checked on the driver from Razer's site. Seems they are plain out lying about the modified date of May 7, 2010. I'm looking at the driver right now and it indeed has a modified date of - you guessed it - Nov 7, 2005.

For now, I would uninstall the Razer software. Then power off the machine. Remove the mouse from the machine and use a cheapo one for a little while.

if no crashes happen, you can be sure it was due to Razer. If they continue, please post a new crash under this circumstance so we can take it from there.

I simply think Razer dropped the ball here and is causing the grief. I could be wrong of course, so please update us here in any case.

Last edited:

Ask a Question