Samsung Mobile Phone 64bit drivers

Reaction score
Been using this phone with XP 32 bit no problems..New Laptop Win7 64 bit and had heaps of problems Samsung has no 64bit USB drivers and no one seems to know what to do...PROBLEM SOLVED..
1.Download from Samsung the latest Studio program for Vista and the latest Vista USB driver
2.Do not connect your phone. Install Samsung Studio 3.. it will come up querying the drivers etc. keep saying OK ..When this is finished Install the USB driver and close computer down.
3.Connect phone and boot up computer. wait till everything settles down then navigate to Control Panel/Device Manager search down to Other should be highlited by yellow flag .open and click on update driver / select for you to conduct search and also tick "include subfolders" /Program files x86/Samsung ok.. and driver will install.
4.Open Studio3 and wait a short while for the program to find the phone..will show in bottom R/H corner connected
5.Open Network Wizard and configure.
6. Be aware that you must use the same USB port each time for your phone or you might have to go through the same procedure again.
Spent nearly a day sorting this out ..hope it helps someone else

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Thats handy to know thanks :top:, a few people have used Bluetooth with Windows 7 / there Phones with success.

Reaction score
64-bit drivers for Windows 7 / Samsung M500

I solved the same problem by

1) downloading 64bit drivers for Samsung Galaxy from Softpedia.

2) unzipped them and then

3) told Windows 7 where to search for the drivers for both new devices
(Windows 7 / 64bit was unable to find these drivers, as my phone is Samsung M500)

In the past I successfully used this phone (as modem) with 32bit Windows 7 and 32bit XP on many computers, but had to spend several hours today trying to understand the problem (64bit system needs 64bit drivers, dude! stupid me!).

Been using this phone with XP 32 bit no problems..New Laptop Win7 64 bit and had heaps of problems Samsung has no 64bit USB drivers and no one seems to know what to do...PROBLEM SOLVED..
1.Download from Samsung the latest Studio program for Vista and the latest Vista USB driver
2.Do not connect your phone. Install Samsung Studio 3.. it will come up querying the drivers etc. keep saying OK ..When this is finished Install the USB driver and close computer down.
3.Connect phone and boot up computer. wait till everything settles down then navigate to Control Panel/Device Manager search down to Other should be highlited by yellow flag .open and click on update driver / select for you to conduct search and also tick "include subfolders" /Program files x86/Samsung ok.. and driver will install.
4.Open Studio3 and wait a short while for the program to find the phone..will show in bottom R/H corner connected
6. Be aware that you must use the same USB port each time for your phone or you might have to go through the same procedure again.
Spent nearly a day sorting this out ..hope it helps someone else

Reaction score
I downloaded usb_drives_GalaxyS_x64.zip from the Softpedia website.

Then I run the setup.exe and get a window saying "Samsung USB Driver for Mobile Phones V1.3.450.0 - MSS Install Wizard.

It gets part way through the install process and then says the install wizard was not successful. It doesn't give an error number or any indication of what the problem is.

My phone is also a M500.

Would appreciate any help.

Brooks
========

QUOTE=Masketeerion;64112]I solved the same problem by

(Windows 7 / 64bit was unable to find these drivers, as my phone is Samsung M500)

In the past I successfully used this phone (as modem) with 32bit Windows 7 and 32bit XP on many computers, but had to spend several hours today trying to understand the problem (64bit system needs 64bit drivers, dude! stupid me!).[/QUOTE]

Reaction score
I downloaded and installed Samsung PC Studio. The current version is now 7.

I choose "Click here to connect a phone". I then choose cable connection and connect my M500 phone. And here I'm stuck.

I get a message from Windows 7 saying that there is a driver problem. Sure enough in Device Manager there is an entry for Samsung CDMA Technologies with a yellow exclamation point. I choose update drivers and point to the c:\program files x86\Samsung folder. I click ok and it says it was unable to find driver software for the device.

Appreciate any help.

Brooks
=====

QUOTE=ronpeck;37785]Been using this phone with XP 32 bit no problems..New Laptop Win7 64 bit and had heaps of problems Samsung has no 64bit USB drivers and no one seems to know what to do...PROBLEM SOLVED..
Spent nearly a day sorting this out ..hope it helps someone else[/QUOTE]

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I have only one Windows 7 / 64bit machine to try it on, but I confirm that the prescription I described worked fine for me (and I tried my phone on this laptop just now, to see if it still works). I will try to elaborate on the subject of this problem with 64 drivers below, however, please keep in mind that mine is not a professional opinion / advice, but, rather, a description of a successful experience, where I could have done something else (in addition to installing the drivers) that I didn't even realize having done. I will try now to do some diagnosing on my machine / will try to recall what else I had done before installing the drivers:

1) when Windows 7 complains about not having successfully done something, relatively often you can ignore this, as such msg could mean many things, and now, after having moved a large number of software packages from XP to 7 on many machines (sadly, only one is W7/64), I am used to this. I even got LOTR2/BFME working on W7/64bit!

2) now, assuming the drivers actually GOT installed, connect your M500 to a USB
port using the cable that came with the phone (I didn't try connecting to my phone
from W7/64 using BT, as I gave up on BT a few years ago: it's too slow, so I use cables only). See if the phone shows "USB connected" on its display.

2a) If it DOES, the drivers got installed, you can check this by going to Device Manager, which should show a new modem: see a1.jpg in the attachment

2b) if it does NOT (show the drivers), the drivers did NOT get installed. While the phone is connected, try to direct the system to locate the drivers. According to my cygwin-based search, the drivers actually came from this place in the unzipped installation graph: see a2_jpg in the attachment (btw, as is the case with non plug-and-play devices, you will have to repeat this procedure for every single USB port, in case you don't want to remember which one you used the first time you connected the phone).

Now, either you had the drivers installed already (scenario 2a)), or, if you didn't until now, you should be able to force-feed them to Windows (scenario 2b)).

3) however, to connect to SPRINT network (3G or the older one) the drivers are not enough. You need some connection manager software. Here is what I use: see attachment a_3.jpg : SPRINT connection manager 3.07.045

This utility comes from
Sprint_Broadband_Mobile.exe I found somewhere on SPRINT's web site
two years ago

Notice that the snapshot shows my phone as "disconnected" - it's because it was found being connected to a USB port, but NO modem connection was established yet (as I did not yet hit).

In case Sprint connection manager does not find your phone (i.e. if the drivers have not been successfully installed), it would show "Connect your phone or card.." msg in the same box where you see "Disconnected" in the snapshot.

4) Finally, I now vaguely recall that, before I successfully installed the drivers from the Galaxy64 package, I played with Sprint_PCS_CM_v044.msi that I found somewhere - I have no idea if that played any role in all this, because, I think, it's 32bit drivers only, however, if 1 through 3 (see above) fail, try this step 4) and then 1 through 3.

Please report back here with your experiences, as we would all greatly benefit from more info.

I downloaded usb_drives_GalaxyS_x64.zip from the Softpedia website.

Then I run the setup.exe and get a window saying "Samsung USB Driver for Mobile Phones V1.3.450.0 - MSS Install Wizard.

It gets part way through the install process and then says the install wizard was not successful. It doesn't give an error number or any indication of what the problem is.

My phone is also a M500.

Would appreciate any help.

Brooks
========

QUOTE=Masketeerion;64112]I solved the same problem by

In the past I successfully used this phone (as modem) with 32bit Windows 7 and 32bit XP on many computers, but had to spend several hours today trying to understand the problem (64bit system needs 64bit drivers, dude! stupid me!).
[/QUOTE]

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
Mask,

I appreciate the lengthy post and attachments. I'll answer your questions/points:

2. My phone has never said Samsung Mobile Mobile. Mine is Samsung CDMA Technologies. It can't find the drivers.

2a. I finally was able to find c:\users\myname\appdata\local\temp\temp1_usb-drivers_GalaxyS_x64.zip and ran it. It changed my Samsung CDMA Technologies entry to Unknown Device and created a new entry under USB Controllers called Samsung USB Composite Device. When I look under driver details I see 3 files: sscdbus.sys, sscdwh.sys and sscdwhnt.sys. It says the drivers are up to date and that the device is working properly.

I have gone to Network and Sharing Center and tried to setup a connection but it seems to want a modem.

3. I also the Sprint Mobile Broadband software from another computer I own that I use with a Merlin aircard. Two problems here: 1. I get an error 1722 that I can't get past when I try to install it on Win 7. 2. I never needed this software before under XP. With XP, I just created a manual internet connection, gave it a phone number of #777 and it connected.

4. I can't seem to find Sprint_PCS_CM_v044.msi other than on Russian websites.

I made some progress with getting the Galaxy drivers to install.

Appreciate any other ideas.

Brooks

Reaction score
2a. I finally was able to find c:\users\myname\appdata\local\temp\temp1_usb-drivers_GalaxyS_x64.zip and ran it. It changed my Samsung CDMA Technologies entry to Unknown Device and created a new entry under USB Controllers called Samsung USB Composite Device. When I look under driver details I see 3 files: sscdbus.sys, sscdwh.sys and sscdwhnt.sys. It says the drivers are up to date and that the device is working properly.
excellent! you are almost there -

I have gone to Network and Sharing Center and tried to setup a connection but it seems to want a modem.

3. I also the Sprint Mobile Broadband software from another computer I own that I use with a Merlin aircard. Two problems here: 1. I get an error 1722 that I can't get past when I try to install it on Win 7. 2. I never needed this software before under XP. With XP, I just created a manual internet connection, gave it a phone number of #777 and it connected.

4. I can't seem to find Sprint_PCS_CM_v044.msi other than on Russian websites.
you don't need this msi -

today I successfully reproduced my experience with my Samsung M500 CDMA phone on a desktop running W7 Enterprise 64bit - please see the detailed account of what I had done and observed below:

originally this machine had no Samsung drivers,
no Samsung modem, no connection manager installed.

This is the sequence of events that took place:

1) I connected the phone to a USB port:

a) the phone did NOT show anything that would indicate its connection to the system
b) Windows complained that there is no driver

2) Device Manager showed "Other Devices / SAMSUNG CDMA Technologies" with a
question mark (i.e. no drivers)

3) I ran Galaxy64 setup.exe (while the phone was connected)

4) right after that Windows tried to install the driver automatically,
but complained that it was NOT able to install the driver,

HOWEVER, surprisingly the phone showed "USB Connected"!

5) from Device Manager I checked the drivers: "yellow exclamation point" gone!
A new driver appeared in "Modems" (Samsung mobile modem)

6) I then installed connection manager:

file: Sprint_Mobile_Broadband.exe
the origin: SPRINT PCS web site, somewhere there,
the program is advertised as for data cards,

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!7) by default, during installation the program would install
the soft for data cards: you need to uncheck the box for data cards
and check the one for m500

8) after restart I was able to use connection manager to call #777

Last edited:
Reaction score
I get to step #3 and have trouble.

I'm using the setup.exe that is contained in usb_drivers_galaxys_64.zip. This zipfile also contains 21 folders named from 01_Simmental to 21_Searsburg.

When I run it I get the error "Device driver software was not successfully installed." In smaller type it says "No driver found".

Any suggestions?

Brooks

Reaction score
OMG, it's working!!! Thanks for all your help!!!

One mistake I made is running the setup.exe from inside the zip file. I needed to unzip it first.

In retrospect, do you think I needed the Samsung PC Studio 7?

Also, now that I'm using Sprint Mobile Broadband (vs. simple manual dial to #777), do you think that the internet usage will start to show on my phone bill?

I have 4 Samsung folders in my download directory and wonder if I need them all ...

1. Samsung\Drivers 4.16\ - has 10 files
2. Samsung Drivers\ - this is the good one with the Galaxy files
3. Samsung PC Studio\ - per question above
4. SamsungUSB\ - 16 files from 2002 including a setup.exe

Brooks

Reaction score
OMG, it's working!!! Thanks for all your help!!!

One mistake I made is running the setup.exe from inside the zip file. I needed to unzip it first.

In retrospect, do you think I needed the Samsung PC Studio 7?

Also, now that I'm using Sprint Mobile Broadband (vs. simple manual dial to #777), do you think that the internet usage will start to show on my phone bill?

I have 4 Samsung folders in my download directory and wonder if I need them all ...

1. Samsung\Drivers 4.16\ - has 10 files
2. Samsung Drivers\ - this is the good one with the Galaxy files
3. Samsung PC Studio\ - per question above
4. SamsungUSB\ - 16 files from 2002 including a setup.exe

Brooks
I am most positive that you do NOT need Samsung PC Studio 7 at all.

Now, concerning data / phone as a modem charges:

I do not know if SPRINT offers this (or better) plan right now, but two years ago they told me that, in order to use a phone as a modem AND to have unlimited data plan, I have to pay

1) $15 for "phone as a modem"
AND
2) $30 for "Sprint PRO pack - Sprint Data"

as far as I know, without these add-ons SPRINT will be charging you an arm and a leg for data usage.

Of course, such rates make no sense now, as Virgin Mobile allows one to hop onto the SPRINT 3G network without a contract:

http://www.virginmobileusa.com/mobile-broadband/mifi-2200.html

(that's the same device as VERIZON and SPRINT offer WITH a contract!)

$40/month for unlimited data without a contract seems to be a better deal than a tethered phone :)

Reaction score
Windows 7 64 bit drivers

Well, my Samsung Transform Ultra is now being recognized....
on the phone you activate applications - Unknown then in wireless activate mass storage, it lit....thought that was it, this went fast, but as I remember it I push the mass storage again and behold!! a phone Icon popped up to start the mass storage. Phone was then visable. also, there is a spot to activate usb debugging but I'm so tired I forget where. Good luck..... only took me about 6 hours of grief.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Thank you brian,
This thread is over 2 years old so I doubt it will help the OP but maybe your information can help someone else who finds this thread searching for the same problem.

Ask a Question