Revo Uninstaller


Ad

Advertisements

O

Ophelia

Roy Smith said:
What do you want to know about it? It's a very good program, works as
advertised and really helps in keeping the extra crap off of your PC that
the uninstaller programs often leave behind.
That is all I wanted to know! Thanks, Roy:)
 
Ad

Advertisements

D

Dave \Crash\ Dummy

LouB said:
And I have never seen any negative comments about it:))
Sounds good. Will it clean up old uninstalls done before Revo was installed?
 
K

Ken Blake

Sounds good. Will it clean up old uninstalls done before Revo was installed?

I don't know the answer to that question, but let me state this: There
is no question that uninstaller programs often leave behind "extra
crap." But that "extra crap" really doesn't hurt you in any way. It
uses just a tiny amount of disk space, and has no effect on your
performance.

Go ahead and use it if you want; I don't mean to say anything really
negative about Revo Uninstaller, rather that its doing that isn't
really necessary or beneficial.
 
D

Dave \Crash\ Dummy

Ken said:
I don't know the answer to that question, but let me state this:
There is no question that uninstaller programs often leave behind
"extra crap." But that "extra crap" really doesn't hurt you in any
way. It uses just a tiny amount of disk space, and has no effect on
your performance.

Go ahead and use it if you want; I don't mean to say anything really
negative about Revo Uninstaller, rather that its doing that isn't
really necessary or beneficial.
Neither are wallpapers or skins. A case could be made that extra crap
promotes fragmentation, but you are right that the effect on performance
is minimal, if any. Some of us are obsessive neatness freaks, however.
At least, when it comes to computers. My house is a pig sty. :)
 
O

Ophelia

Dave "Crash" Dummy said:
Neither are wallpapers or skins. A case could be made that extra crap
promotes fragmentation, but you are right that the effect on performance
is minimal, if any. Some of us are obsessive neatness freaks, however.
At least, when it comes to computers. My house is a pig sty. :)
lol otoh...I am a neat freak in the house....
 
Ad

Advertisements

S

Student

Neither are wallpapers or skins. A case could be made that extra crap
promotes fragmentation, but you are right that the effect on performance
is minimal, if any. Some of us are obsessive neatness freaks, however.
At least, when it comes to computers. My house is a pig sty. :)
I am not a neatness freak but I do like Revo uninstaller and now have no need
for "crap cleaner".

http://ccleaner.softwarereviewer.info/?gclid=CJz9voyj2qQCFQY65QodxROyJg

My house and my office are moderately neat.

My dressing is boring but neat enough for my business contacts..
 
K

Ken Blake

Ken Blake wrote:


Neither are wallpapers or skins. A case could be made that extra crap
promotes fragmentation, but you are right that the effect on performance
is minimal, if any. Some of us are obsessive neatness freaks, however.

It's fine with me. Again, I wasn't trying to talk you out of using it.
I just want you not to expect it to improve your performance.
 
T

Tattoo Vampire

Ophelia said:
Any comments welcome:)
Been using it for almost a year and love it.

--
Regards,
[tv]
Owner/proprietor, Trollus Amongus, LLC

....Sir! Jem'ha'dar warship approachin-- ^{+Kx NO CARRIER
 
Ad

Advertisements

G

Gene E. Bloch

Sounds good. Will it clean up old uninstalls done before Revo was installed?
The free version is not resident. When you start it, it just runs the
program's regular uninstall and then scans folders and the registry for
stuff related to that installation, so it doesn't matter when you
installed something.

I mentioned "free version" above because I have no idea what the paid
version does, and I didn't want to mislead anyone.

An occasional program doesn't show up in Revo's list, but is in the
Control Panel's uninstaller - and, IIRC, also vice versa.
 
D

Dave \Crash\ Dummy

Gene said:
The free version is not resident. When you start it, it just runs the
program's regular uninstall and then scans folders and the registry
for stuff related to that installation, so it doesn't matter when you
installed something.
I was asking about cleaning up after programs that were uninstalled
before Revo was installed. If the program has already been uninstalled,
there is no uninstall program to run. How would Revo know what to scan for?
 
G

Gene E. Bloch

I was asking about cleaning up after programs that were uninstalled
before Revo was installed. If the program has already been uninstalled,
there is no uninstall program to run. How would Revo know what to scan for?
Sorry, I read your original question as "old installs" - which makes
more sense anyway.

As you surmise, without the information needed to do what you want, it
can't do it.
 
Ad

Advertisements

D

Dave \Crash\ Dummy

Gene said:
Sorry, I read your original question as "old installs" - which makes
more sense anyway.

As you surmise, without the information needed to do what you want, it
can't do it.
Thus there is still a place for CCleaner and/or jv16 Power Tools.
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top