Relieved to find this site...I hope

Reaction score
Hello all... I hope this solves my problems...and perhaps I will be able to contribute.

I have had Alienware M17x for a month after Dell Dimension 8200 with XP circa 2002.

W7 has not been a pleasure to use compared with XP and I look forward to joining some of the threads and learning.

\\// norbert

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Hi! Welcome to the Windows 7 Forums website.

Depends on what help you need. Windows 7 is far superior to XP and it is merely a matter of adapting to the new user interface, and other changes.

Change is good, don't you think so?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Yes its a bit of a learning curve, especially if you liked the old Win 98 "classic" settings that were still allowed in XP but have been removed in W7. I guess there are a couple things I do like better about W7; I find the libraries feature a nice change from XP and I like how W7 boots faster than XP.

A few things you might check out are:
w7forum articles
Our Freeware DB (free apps that work well with W7)

And elsewhere on the web:
W7 How-to-Geek
Brink's W7 Tutorials

Welcome to W7forums.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
norbertj, welcome to the forum!

As long as you're not one of those "afraid of change", you should pick up on Win 7 quite well. It's the best & easiest version that Windows has released to date.

Another article for you to read.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/2009.10.77windows.aspx

This has many useful tips for using Windows 7. Should you need any assistance, always feel free to post back & ask.

Best of Luck,
Cat

Ask a Question