reinstalling windows 7

Reaction score
upon re-installing windows 7, in this case because I have a new motherboard and cpu, do my programs appear in the start menu if I save all of the data in the program files and program data folders? If so, do I need to save both folders? If not, which one? If neither, which folders can I save, if any, to keep my programs in the start menu? I imagine that if I put them in the start menu folder that I can keep my programs in the start menu, but I am not sure and I don't know where to find the correct folder. Also, how can I keep all of my current programs installed that are already installed? Is just keeping the data in the program files and program data folders ensure that I can keep them already installed when I start to upload my backed up data? What can I do with the Windows.old folder?

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
If I understand you, you will need to do a clean install of W7 and that means reinstalling your programs. Save all your data, Documents, pictures, music and videos to another location and do your windows install

Someone else will chime in here to correct or confirm this.

Ask a Question