Random BSODs

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm having problems with random BSODs on my system, running Win7 64 bit Home Edition. I have no idea what's causing it, whether its bad RAM, old drivers or whatnot.

Its getting quite annoying, and I want to figure out what is the root of the problem.

The messages on the BSODs vary from MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION to SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION.

Please find my .dmp files zipped.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

Reaction score
Hey...

Update this driver:

Code:
ASACPI   ASACPI.sys   Sun Mar 27 22:30:36 2005
To do so, visit ASUS' page for your motherboard. Download tab. Choose the Windows 7 64-bit. Utilities section. Download and install the latest ATK0110 driver.

--------

Update your video card driver:
Code:
nvlddmkm nvlddmkm.sys Mon Jun 07 18:16:55 2010
NVIDIA

---------

Update your Realtek network driver:
Code:
Rt64win7 Rt64win7.sys Thu Feb 26 04:04:13 2009
Type systeminfo in a command prompt then press enter. It will tell you the number for the Realtek lan you have. If you have 8111, use the following link. If you have anything else, click the link then search for it on the left side:

RTL8111

-----------

Uninstall TeamViewer. The driver is way too old for it:

Code:
teamviewervpn teamviewervpn.sys Thu Dec 13 04:22:09 2007
Download and install Malwarebytes, then update its definitions in the program. Then let it scan and remove all it finds. Reboot and then install MSE because it's great and you do need some form of antivirus protection. (Don't bother with others. They can crash your pc and MSE will never do that.)

Reaction score
Well, that is not causing it, I've had the same issues even before installing that program.

I believe its a hardware issue. What happens is my screen starts flickering in games, and either I get a BSOD or the game crashes to the desktop...

One game reports that it crashed cause the memory could not be read

Reaction score
....and that's because TeamViewer is still installed.

My advice is only as good as its application.

Reaction score
No, its cause my RAM is bad, just ran memtest86 and found a couple thousand errors.

Reaction score
Make sure its not heat either. I also wouldn't say that MSE wouldn't crash your PC. I bet someone somewhere has found out MSE is behind their crashes.

Reaction score
Make sure its not heat either. I also wouldn't say that MSE wouldn't crash your PC. I bet someone somewhere has found out MSE is behind their crashes.
MSE doesn't crash systems. Ever.

It's not heat.

Please don't confuse matters.

Reaction score
No, its cause my RAM is bad, just ran memtest86 and found a couple thousand errors.
Cool. Glad you found your issue. That would have been the next thing I would have said to do, once the very likely 2007 driver issue was alleviated.

When you get the new memory, if crashes still happen, you know where to look first.

Ask a Question