Ram

Leo

Reaction score
Hi,

Recently I had installed windows 7 version 32Bit and I am noticing that only 2.96GB ram is using.
Can some one tells me how I can make it run atleast on 4GB Ram at least without swapping to 64BIt.

Reaction score
What kind of graphics card do you have? Are you sure the extra RAM that you installed was good?

Leo

Reaction score
What kind of graphics card do you have? Are you sure the extra RAM that you installed was good?
HI, Goober thanks for your interests, First of all I got a Toshiba Laptop ready equiped for Windows 64Bit but original it came withVista 32Bit and it came with 2 Pcs Ram of 4Gb of each. Before I had installed the windows 7 I had bought 1 Chip set of 4gb to upgrade it to 6Gb and it worked fine with vista although it was not using all the 6 Gb I saw alot of improvement. As soon that I had installed the Windows 7 32 Bit I noticed that he is recognising 6 but only using 2.96GB.

It is very strange. I thnk it is better that I format and do a fresh format. what do you recomand.

My graphic card is Radeon hd4600.

Reaction score
Look for a memory remapping setting in the bios. Also updating the bios to latest is good to do too.

Leo

Reaction score
I already done all this the bios got the latest version update. please can you tell me the settings how should be because I am not that technical.

Leo

Reaction score
Look for a memory remapping setting in the bios. Also updating the bios to latest is good to do too.

May be you are already aware when you purchase windows update package their are both versions included. as I told you I had installed the 32 Bit and used the new Lic Number. If I reinstall it and I decide to install the 64 bit can I use the same Lic or I need to purchase a new one.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi Leo

You could try Ultimate Windows Tweaker (i have not tested this with 4GB on a 32-bit system but give it a try) download is on the sites front page and its freeware.

Link - http://www.thewindowsclub.com/

Reaction score
Hi,

Recently I had installed windows 7 version 32Bit and I am noticing that only 2.96GB ram is using.
Can some one tells me how I can make it run atleast on 4GB Ram at least without swapping to 64BIt.
You can't. Windows 7 32-bit is limited to 2.75-3.25GB, depending on your video card.

For anyone else who reads this thread: All 32-bit desktop copies of Windows do not support more than about 3GB of memory. This cannot be circumvented.

Reaction score
If I reinstall it and I decide to install the 64 bit can I use the same Lic or I need to purchase a new one.
You can use the same License for a re-install.

Please note that a custum/clean install when changing Bit Versions is required. You can not use the upgrade to change Bit versions.

Ask a Question